I'm good except I like beer!

Options
I eat healthy 80 percent of the time and all I drink is water during the day...then some beer at night. I am more than sure this is why I have gained weight. At work I do heavy lifting periodically, but when I work 50 hours a week I don't feel like doing much when I get home. Anyone else go through this or could offer any helpful tips.

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I would say this describes me well also except replace beer with wine. I can pretty easily fit wine into my calorie allotment, but I cannot fit the possible after wine food binge. So for now I am limiting my wine to one night each week. So far so good cause I am losing weight.
  • vjarvis177
    vjarvis177 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My only concern with wine is the sugar... I probably need to research more. I have read studies that the body can't digest well if the body has a mixture of alcohol and food.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    weight loss (if that is your goal) is about taking in fewer calories than you use up.

you can do that and still have a beer every day. BUT you need to "fit" that beer into your daily calories. eating "clean" or "well" don't truly impact weight loss (but can help people feel better by eating more healthful foods).

for me i like chocolate and dessert. so i fit that in every day after both dinner and lunch.

are you tracking? using the diary? are you weighing all the foods with a scale (or most foods) and using a appropriate entries in the diary:?
  • tennesseejed3
    tennesseejed3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you love the taste of beer, then you'll have to fit it in. If it's just the buzz you're after, vodka and a lime Seltzer is delicious.
  • FroFitMom39
    FroFitMom39 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Balance and moderation is key. I love my adult beverages but they dont love my midsection. So I have greatly decreased my intake (next to none) if and when I do indulge, I keep to clear skinny drinks and no sugary mixed coctails. Beer is full of carbs and can definitely hinder your progress and trigger food cravings, as with any alcoholic beverages. This is when I say, "know thyself" its crucial. As for me, it's best I leave it alone all together for the time being because I have goals to crush.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You could reduce your beer intake. You don't specify quantities, so "some" could mean anything. If you have three beers a night, for example, you could reduce to 2.5, then 2, then 1.5. The world will never run out of beer, so you can afford to pace yourself by spreading less of a quantity over the week. Or you could treat yourself to one really good quality beer a night, within your calories, and see if that satisfies you.