Under desk elliptical machines

Options
I just started doing MFP a couple weeks ago and have noticed a little difference in the way I feel. However, I am trying to find ways to fit some exercise into my routine. One way I thought about was possibly getting one of those under-the-desk elliptical machines since most of my job is just sitting at my desk. It would be nice to burn some extra calories using one, especially since winter is coming here in Michigan. I was wondering if anyone has used one and what their experience was with it. There are a bunch of them on Amazon with varied reviews, and I was just curious.

Replies

• OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have one, and I love it! I am not able to use it standing up, due to my balance issues. HOWEVER, I cannot use it seated under my desk as I had planned. There simply is no room for my knees to move. So I have it off to the side and use it when I am talking on the phone, watching TV, or just doing purposeful exercise. Read the reviews carefully. But eventhough the reviewers said they could use it under their desks, I cannot!
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have one, don't use it. As OHFLamingo mentioned, I find there simply isn't enough room under a typical desk to use them (and in fact, I'd consider my desk to be on the large side).

My 3 year old, on the other hand, loves it (I hold her hands up so she can balance).