New to MyFitnessPal - but an old pro at the diet game

Options
Hi all,

I am a mom of 3 girls (12, 8 and 6.) I also work full time. My husband works evenings and I work days, so it mostly feels like I am a single parent LOL.

Life is just crazy busy. Hectic. My 8 year old and 6 year old are like twins. If they are not arguing they are fighting ;)

I have had some success in the past with different diets and fitness apps. But this is my first time using MyFitnessPal. So far so good. I am really excited.

I have been going to Planet Fitness as well with my daughter. Some days it is just so hard to make that commitment. But I want to be healthier for my family. I have struggled with weight most of my life. So has my mother. And I just want to try and break that cycle. Which isn't easy. My family - we are all big eaters. Food is a way to celebrate. It brings us together. It's enjoyed over great conversations. And for me at times, it's an escape. Kids are finally asleep. I put on 90-Day-Fiance and binge on some junk food.

I need to lose a good 100 pounds to reach my goal weight. And that seems so crazy. But not impossible.

I would love to make new friends on here. I am all for support and community. I want to help anyone I can. Help you stay motivate and stay on track. And I need that same kind of support.

Thanks for reading. And I am so happy to be a part of this community.

Aimee

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    Options
    Hi Aimee,

Welcome to MFP! You aren't the only person on a 100 pounds journey. I started off with 125 to lose, now just 62 to go.

There are lots of different ways to participate in the community, so take a look around and see what calls to you!

If something structured would be helpful, check out the Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. We have daily checkins, weekly weigh-ins, and lots of support and encouragement along the way. Take a look and see if this calls to you!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • janeoshep
    janeoshep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Aimee,
    I too have had a long battle with weight-loss! Loose weight put it on and so on! I have 1 darling son aged 2 and am trying for number 2 (Ivf)
    Want to loose 15kg just as a start.
    This is the first time my weight has really got me down, I don't even like showering as it means getting naked and seeing my body.
    Seen a dietitian a few weeks ago and have lost 2.8 kg since so I'm happy with my progress.
    I wish you all the best to loose your weight and be a healthy you for not only yourself but your family.
    All the best
    Jane