Trucking

Options
Anyone here know if we can get someone to put in caloric losses for strapping and chaining loads? It takes about 30 min to over an hour to strap or chain a full load, and it's hard work. I know I'm burning calories doing it, but I have no way to measure that. Can they add that in the fitness section?

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercises with custom calorie burns. In the web version you can go to Exercise>My Exercises then hit the 'Create Exercise' button. You'll need some way to estimate the calorie burn such as wearing a heart rate monitor once while doing the work. Hope that helps.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm guessing given the nature of your job you've chosen either 'Active' or 'Very Active' to describe your normal daily activities rather than 'Sedentary'. This means those sort of things are already accounted for in the MFP calculation.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself as active, driver. Unless you are doing daily short hauls you are sedentary most the time. Log your loading and unloading as exercise.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Maybe use the one for rock climbing when you are climbing the rig and strength training when you are on the ground. Time it a couple times and use the average when you log
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just googled "Calories burned loading truck" for fun and this popped up. May or may not be useful. :)

http://calorielab.com/burned/?mo=ac&ac=11766&ti=Truck+driving&q=&wt=150&un=lb&kg=68

• Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    What type of loads are you strapping and chaining? Cars? Freight?
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself as active, driver. Unless you are doing daily short hauls you are sedentary most the time. Log your loading and unloading as exercise.

This is what I would do as well. It will keep you from overestimating the calories you are burning.