Poor Progress on my Weight Loss Programme

Options
I am disappointed with the progress I've made so far. I'm doing 2 hours of cardiovascular exercise and 30 mins of resistance training in the gym every weekday morning.

I do not know what the reasons behind this: diet, insufficient exercise, insulin resistance (I am now IDDM).

Do I need to modify my strategy or do I need to perverse and have some patience?

9vl9cjdm4eks.png
q3znti3eyw5g.png

Food diary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs7smqa1m601x1r/Printable Nutrition Report for Distortedvisionuk.pdf?dl=0

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great, you're losing at a good rate and you're getting some exercise -although I have to say 2.5 hours a day 5 days a week is a lot!

Keep it going. You'll get there. It's never as easy or as fast as we want, but you're doing really well. Congratulations on your loss thus far. :flowerforyou:
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Those scales are definitely wonky - no way can you possibly be gaining or dropping 10% body fat in a week esp if maintaining the same weight.

In regard to actual weight loss I’d keep doing what you’re doing

- I’ve just worked out your TDEE at 154kg and using some middle of the road numbers for height and age and your TDEE for moderate activity (which you are easily doing) is 25,850/week - I added up two of your weeks and you’re consuming 14500-17000 cal on those two weeks
    - This gives you 8000-10,000 spare
    - that’s 1-1.5kg/week (each kg of body fat = 7700 cal)
    - Obviously these numbers may be slightly out depending on your height etc -

So, if you look at the first six weeks you’ve lost at this rate (1kg roughly a week - remember it will never be a straight line down) the next few have a slightly higher weight - this might be related to your exercise (increased exercise, particularly resistance training will cause you to hold onto water to heal your muscles up.. mainly intracellular water so it’s not obvious water weight sitting around your ankles etc - this occurs even more so if you’re taking a workout supplement like creatinine - - not saying you are but worth mentioning) or just because the body is a weird and wonderful thing that occasionally panics and holds onto water (this might be related to your salt intake, carb intake, the fact you’ve had some weight loss and your body is trying to adapt, change in weather/temperature, fluid intake etc).

You will find that your weight loss won’t be super rapid because with regular weight training you should be holding onto your lean mass well or even gaining some and hopefully losing almost entirely fat (this is good and definitely what you want)
    I would keep on keeping on, get some clothes that are tight around the middle and try those on each week with the weigh in - you’ll be losing inches as you build muscle and drop fat even if you’re not losing numbers on the scale every week.

You might find as you get lower in weight and closer to goal you need to tighten up your measuring a bit to get the same results but at the moment you probably have enough room to play with the numbers that a few skewed calculations like the fruit mentioned above probably don’t overly matter
  • DistortedVisionUK
    DistortedVisionUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself using my Salter MiBody. Body mass is very close to the Tanita's reading but body fat very different.

8wrcz6b49efv.jpg
  • DistortedVisionUK
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good weight loss progress this week:

cytvp83fz9gh.jpg

Lost water weight this week.

Looking forward to some good fat loss next week.

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing same time of day each time? Under same circumstances? Or sometimes you had breakfast lunch water and sometimes you didn’t? Can have a huge impact in supposed weight
  • DistortedVisionUK
    Options
    Friday is weigh day:

r3s04f9b4u5l.jpg
  • DistortedVisionUK
    Options
    Beat end of month body mass target by 0.4kg.
    Feeling motivated for December.
    End of year target = 140kg

0nebwcr49ncb.jpg
  • DistortedVisionUK
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Christmas messed up my end of year target:

2019-01-02-21.jpg

But I'm back on track.
  • DistortedVisionUK