Self-Made Billionaire

Options
Tenebrous_D
Tenebrous_D Posts: 1,237 Member
What are YOU going to do when you win the Mega Millions drawing tonight?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-mega-millions-jackpot-nears-1-billion-hours-100812956--sector.html

Replies

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    buy my own island and allow only my MFP friends to visit. :) I'll even provide transportation.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Buy a bunch of kittens.
    Build a cool cat house.

Build a house for each of my boys so when they annoy me I can say "go to your house right now!"

Have a chef and a maid.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    buy my own island and allow only my MFP friends to visit. :) I'll even provide transportation.

That's a reality show I would watch. MFP Island. Daily competitions between Chit Chat and Fun & Games for supremacy.

That's a whole other topic right there...

:D:D:D sounds like fun!
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I would pay off my bills and my families bills. I would quit my job either buy some land in Scotland or Ireland maybe both with no one around me and have some sheep and huskies. And I would buy my own private island and name it Sparkles Island. I'd also donate to St Judes and the shrines hospital for kids. I'd also give to local animal shelters. Buy my mom new house and a new car and set up college funds for my 3 nephews.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I would create a YouTube channel about my son and I chronicling our search for histories greatest lost treasure and mythical creatures
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Retire.
    Buy my daughters all a home and set up retirement accounts for them.
    Buy a second home for my wife and I. Somewhere warm.
    Set up College Funds for my grandaughters.
    Divide the balance into three accounts. Third to myself, third to my wife and third into the Household account.
    Relax.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Not that I would, but if I did, I would buy a house, pay off my parents' debts and invest the rest to give me monthly interest payouts that I could use to supplement my income
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    hmm...
    Pay off all my bills
    Pay off all the bills of everyone in my immediate family (parents and siblings)
    Pay off my parent's house
    Build my own house (with a built in home theater)
    Give each of my brothers and sisters a chunk for themselves and their families (or future families)
    Donate to a few charities that are close to my heart
    Set up a college fund, trust fund, retirement fund, and any other kind of fund, for my baby girl
    Set up my retirement
    Travel the world
    Get my home gym and a personal trainer that comes to my house
    Get a maid service
    Move my friend and her family across the country to live next door to me

So many things..... haha
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Try and keep it quiet...build a house with some land...get the best therapist for my son with autism...get involved with a great charity to help others.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You're going to be the same person after winning as before, only after winning you'll get into a billion times the trouble as you were in before.
  • servant2you
    servant2you Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Pay for college for kids
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Share it with people I like, way too much money for one person
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Disappear
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna become part owner of the OKC Thunder. Buy my girls a badass house with a pool and an art studio for us to paint in. Give my sis some cash so she will leave her loser husband. Make sure all my parents' medical bills are paid. Get some cute doggos. Pay someone to do my house cleaning and grocery shopping. Buy all the seasons of Beverly Hills 90210 on dvd. Go get a shitton of lipo. 😊 Find a hot pool boy to feed me grapes and stuff.