Hospital and clinic scales 2 pounds difference in one minute

Options
jamesjeffsmith
jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
I weighed in at a very large medical clinic this morning. First 204.2 then 206.2 then 206.2 which do you record here? or average the 3 at 205.53. It was the same scale turned on at 7:30 am digital.

Replies

• jamesjeffsmith
    Options
    makes no sense at all
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I would go for the higher, since it happened twice. There may have been a glitch or anomaly with the first reading
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at a very large medical clinic this morning. First 204.2 then 206.2 then 206.2 which do you record here? or average the 3 at 205.53. It was the same scale turned on at 7:30 am digital.

Is this the scale you usually use for your weight readings that you record here?
    If not then ignore all of it and go back to normal scale.
    If it is the one you always use for your records then I'd use 206.2 since you got it twice.
  • jamesjeffsmith
    Options
    Yes the normal but only 3 weigh ins so far so 206.2 it is. in 2 weeks I will go to VA healthcare for an appointment, then go here and compare. 24 hour fitness has 2 scales. Digital in men's locker room and an old balance scale. They differ over 3 pounds and it appears the balance scale is more accurate. Thanks.