sugar

Options
i am always going over my sugar allotment but it is because of fruits and vegetalbes. is that still bad?

Replies

• mindysreadyforchange
    mindysreadyforchange Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do not think so! I try to limit myself to 3 fruits a day...

mindy
  • agemanar
    Options
    not really as long if you dont go over with too much
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    i am always going over my sugar allotment but it is because of fruits and vegetalbes. is that still bad?

I don't sweat the good sugars.

30g sugar from fruit/veggies is a little different than 30g of sugar from a snickers.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly a good thing but it is MUCH better than getting sugar from junk food (pop, candy, etc.) because, if it's fresh fruit, it's natural sugar and not processed. As long as you work out or get some kind of activity throughout the day you'll be fine (=
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was just reading up on this a little. It seems, from my reading, that a 2000 calorie diet should have no more than 40g of ADDED sugar (those not occurring naturally). That seems really high to me. I am ALWAYS going over, but only have, on average, 1 item a day that has added sugar. Most of mine comes from fruit, veggies, and dairy.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I only look at refined sugars and don't worry about natural sugars. But, I'm not a huge fruit eater so I don't eat enough natural sugar to worry about anyway. :)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Just be careful as your body does not distinguish between sugar from fruit and sugar from candy... so while it;s definitely better to get your sugar from fruit because of all the other good stuff you get (compared to empty candy calories) don't overdo it.