Rewards

Options
What do people use to reward themselves for the hard work of weight loss. I've done manicures and pedicures-I am looking for some new ideas?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I told myself when I get under different weight goals I'll get .. new shoes.. and when I get 10-15 lbs away from my last 2 goal weights I'll get a new phone and a Fitbit👍👍
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself by doing things I couldn't do well when I was a bit heavier.

Like, for example ...

Cycling up Mt Wellington.
    Cycling my first century (100 miles) in a long time.
    Starting running.

Things like that.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It may not be a perfect plan but I decided on jewelry. Usually I'd use drinks and a dinner out but that seems counterproductive, so I decided I'd buy myself a piece of jewelry for each major goal. I'm not hugely into jewels or anything but it made sense because jewelry is often a gift given for major milestones.
    For getting below 200 pounds I bought myself a really pretty pair of Swarovski crystal earrings. My next goal? Officially not classified as obese. After that it's 100 pounds lost, and finally my goal weight.
    Plus I can SEE my rewards everyday and when I wear them I can be reminded of my hard work. Also I think it'll be a great story when people mention my jewelry!
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Flowers
    Massage
    Sunglasses
    Jewellery
    Eyebrow tattoo
    Mani/pedi
    Holiday
    Clothes shopping
    Bras
    Swimwear
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I decided that at twenty pounds lost I will buy a nice watch. Not the usual $10 wWalmart find.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I do get a few new fitted pieces when I drop a dress size.

I also treat myself with race entries and have just got a new running pack
  • AndThenIWoreIt
    AndThenIWoreIt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Clothes, clothes, clothes. Though I think I’ll put flowers on the list, too.

I recently gave myself the gift of clearing large clothes out of the closet — and it was wonderful!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hair cut/color, purse, shoes, outfit, watch, earrings, ring, bracelet (I've always liked the idea of a charm bracelet and every 10lb or so get another charm), necklace, piercing, tattoo, journal, book, bookmark, gel pens (love me some nice pens!), Yeti cup, body lotion or face mask, go see a movie, go on a weekend getaway, sunglasses, an event ticket (concert, sporting event, opera, ballet, whatever), fitbit, nail polish
  • mbmart60
    mbmart60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have not yet decided what my reward(s) will be as I reembark on my journey. I have at the most 35 lbs to lose and that will be by April (when my nurse practitioner) wants me to see me again. Sometimes it's harder when one was at their ideal weight and you just lost track through different situations occurring. Some of the reward will just be getting into some clothes I have already but not been able to wear.
    My other issue is that while I have various portable home equipment (cannot afford a gym and yearly rent increases), I have not utilized what I do have and need to come up with a routine that incorporates what I have in the studio that I live in.