First half marathon!

Options
Hello my name is Lisa 👋🏻 I’m participating in the Humana Rock n Roll half marathon on dec. 2nd I’ve been training hard for this moment but since this is my first one, im open to any tips and personal experiences 😅 as well as some motivation
I’m also fundraising for st. jude ❤️ http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR?px=5445554&pg=personal&fr_id=89827&copy_link_share

Replies

• TootseeRoll98
    TootseeRoll98 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    😬
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything on race day that you haven't done in training runs is my advice.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My daughter just finished her 3rd marathon two weeks ago. The first two she really pushed herself hard. This time she ran a comfortable pace and enjoyed herself. Appreciating the fans and attractions along the route. It wasn’t a PR for her, but she finished in between her two previous marathon times. She runs lots of 5k’s, 10k’s, 10 mile, and 1/2 marathons. 1/2’s are her favorites to run.

You have trained for this race, you’re doing this for a wonderful cause and you will do great!
    As a spectator, it is very moving to see folks persevering. I have nothing but respect for all of you athletes!
    Go out there and enjoy your day! Be proud of yourself, and remember to have fun! Until then just keep up your training.
    Best of luck to you!
  • TootseeRoll98
    TootseeRoll98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! 🙏🏻