Gained 10 pounds since getting married

I was always around 105-107, at 5’1, and I had been doing so for two years. But in 6 months, I have gained around 10 pounds and I now sit at 115-117. I’ve been telling myself that I will lose the weight, but I have been lacking in motivation. My goal weight is 110.

My husband and family members like this weight on me, but I feel uncomfortable and want to be a bit smaller. Any tips, stories for motivation?

Replies

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I have no tips but i have gained 80 pounds since being with my fiancé. I’d be happy just to take half of it off.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Tips: if you decide to do this, work stealthily.
    This could require an extra measure of patience, but it will be worth it. You do not want family involved in this. Trust me.

If this is in your head, act now. A few hundred extra calories every week will be five extra lbs in a year. It doesn’t take much once you’re in the habit of over doing it just a bit. Do it long enough and your looking at 50 lbs instead of 10.

• slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Dont worry to much about that. People often gain weight when they become a couple with someone. Its a side effect of bein happy much like losin weight after a break-up.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    I agree with 88olds. Don't make a big deal about it--don't say you are trying to lose weight. You already shared this and got a negative reaction. Just make small changes. I never understand why people complain that friends and family have opinions about their weight loss--when you open the door to those opinions by discussing it.
    I do think the newly wed 10 is like the freshman 15---it happens to just about everyone.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I agree..don't make your weight an open discussion for your new family. Be silent and just cut down on the foods you're eating that are making you gain weight. It is hard when new food rituals enter your life with marriage. Almost all people gain so much weight after they get married.. they never look ike themselves again after many years. Don't let that happen to you.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Get a divorce. Only joking.... I guess my only tip would be... Eat less? You mention marriage in your title. So whats changed since then? Isolate the change, then get rid of it
  • StarBright147
    StarBright147 Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think logging your food with moderate exercise can help you manage your weight. It may be a challenge with wedding celebrations. Just remember self care. I imagine a person with a small frame can see a difference with the slightest weight change. Congratulations on your marriage.