Week one on maintenance

Options
So lost more and evaluated what I did. I need to get over the fear of gaining it back and eat some of the calories I exercise off. So that's the goal this week. Due to PCOS they can't be carbs so healthy fat and lean meet here I come.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting to maintenance. Best wishes on your goals for the week. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Set a 5-10 lb range for maintenance and expect to fluctuate within it. If you get to either end, make adjustments for a few days to get back on track.
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for a several weeks now and I am still afraid of the extra calories and the possible effects. I know the recipe for weight loss---I can lose weight like a champ. It's keeping it off and staying the course that is most difficult. Once I allow myself to eat a little more, or indulge in a dessert or alcoholic beverage (things I've had in moderation for a while), I start to spiral out of control.
    I'm trying to change my mindset and embrace the fact that there are no "bad" or "good" foods. If I can get there mentally, I think I'll be able to keep the weight off.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the comments about fear of gaining. Losing a much easier mindset than maintaining! But I'm three months into maintenance now and definitely getting the hang of it :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Almost 8 months in and getting better about it, but still freak if I start creeping up. I chose to go with a big range of 10 pounds and lost into the bottom half so I have some warning and time when I need to take corrective action and start losing again. So I shouldn't panic but I still do. I am up near the top now but with a handle on it and in deficit again. I have not gone past the top of the range even on spikes.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Almost 8 months in and getting better about it, but still freak if I start creeping up. I chose to go with a big range of 10 pounds and lost into the bottom half so I have some warning and time when I need to take corrective action and start losing again. So I shouldn't panic but I still do. I am up near the top now but with a handle on it and in deficit again. I have not gone past the top of the range even on spikes.

Have you ever considered bulking brother? Helps me knowing I NEED some regain. OP, congrats!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Have you ever considered bulking brother? Helps me knowing I NEED some regain. OP, congrats!

Maybe if I got down below my range, but I really don't want to get much bigger and only slightly leaner. Right now I am only 3 pounds below the top of my 10 pound range. I am staying in deficit and losing until I get in the bottom half of my range.