Night time cravings

Options
I usually tend to do well on my diet...until evening time hits. Especially after the kids are down and I am beginning to wind down from a busy day. Any tips on how to beat those night time cravings?

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    drink water, sip some tea, try some sugar free hot cocoa, chew gum, Don't watch the Food Network!.....LOL
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi Bonni

I try to limit my meals to between 200 - 250 cals each time (MFP recommends 1200 cals + exercise for me) So this gives me about 500 cals in the evening to play with.

A glass of wine, 25 gms salted peanuts, whatever..I like to snack a little in the evening also.
  • rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    Tailor your diet to leave calories available for those cravings.. try a 10 calorie pack.. for sweet snacks or salty :)
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    Strawberries - Pickles - Cucumbers - Carrots are all low in calories.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have a low carb protein shake. You will feel full with a good source of whey protein.
  • B3h1ndgr33neyez
    B3h1ndgr33neyez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll have an apple or any veggies. I love eating those things so it's not really an issue. And depending on how many calories you have left, maybe if you have some carrots and peanut butter? The peanut butter will fill you right up! :) (Moderation though of course!)
  • Jess22542
    Options
    - Make sure you aren't depriving yourself of calories during the day. I always have terrible night cravings after a busy work day where I fell below my usual calorie counts. If you eat steady throughout the day, the cravings will be less severe at night.

- Brush your teeth after dinner. It'll make you less likely to give in.

- If your hungry, eat fruit or vegetables only. Avoid the ice cream and chips. Sometime you'll find you're not really hungry, you just really wanted that cookie.

- Keep yourself busy. Clean, read, take the dog for a walk, anything to keep your mind off food. Watching TV doesn't count. Do something else.