plateau

Options
I have lost 25 pounds since July 4 when I got serious. I need to lose 5-10 more pounds but I feel stuck. Been a few weeks and no weight loss. I started doing difference exercises at the gym, gave up diet coke, tried low carb again. Maybe I need patience, I dont know. How have ya broke thru your plateau?

Replies

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goals, the harder it is to lose. Just keep logging and stick to it, it will eventually happen.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Take That summed it up

"Have a little patience"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    I had no trouble losing the first 60ish pounds. It came off right on schedule according to my logging.

The last 15 took me nine months. Nine. Months - and I had already been meticulously logging food using a digital food scale for a long time.

It's just a slow slog, those last few pounds. Settle in for the long-haul and accept that it's difficult. Maintenance isn't that easy either, because hungry. So if you have lots of days of eating over your Goal, just know that it is to be expected. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Stay the course.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I believe "time" is the missing element in the weight loss equation. We always hear.. "eat less move more." and let's add.. "and give it TIME."

So your body is taking a break.. thinking.. adjusting to what's going on. Stick with your new lifestyle. It makes perfect sense that if you're moving more and eating less your body will let go of all your extra weight. But it won't happen on demand or on a schedule.

You may also realize, as I did, I was shrinking even though the scale wasn't moving. So go by how your tightest clothes are fitting too so you don't get discouraged.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    patience. a few weeks of no change is not unusual at all. And yes it gets hard the closer you get to goal.

the less i had to loose, the more careful i became about logging. i questioning how i weighed things, i questioned entries I used to log. I made some interesting discoveries and improved my logging. this was less about issues loosing and more wanting to accurately find "maintenance".

But mostly, just keep doing what you are doing. the last 10 will come off more slowly, you should look at 0.5lbs per week to ensure healthy loss of fat.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    i dont know why I shouldnt drink diet coke but I had heard do not drink diet drinks if losing weight, don't understand don't eat carbs either, don't understand change up the exercise, some people say eat 500-600 calories more in one day and that will shake things up. I am just trying and seeing what works for me because my weight loss slowed down. I looked back to where I lost weight before and seen where sometimes I went 12-13 days before I lost weight and then next couple of days lost more weight. Hard to understand but guess it takes a while for body to adjust to it but I do know one thing, Eat Less and the weight will eventually come off!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    i dont know why I shouldnt drink diet coke but I had heard do not drink diet drinks if losing weight, don't understand don't eat carbs either, don't understand change up the exercise, some people say eat 500-600 calories more in one day and that will shake things up. I am just trying and seeing what works for me because my weight loss slowed down. I looked back to where I lost weight before and seen where sometimes I went 12-13 days before I lost weight and then next couple of days lost more weight. Hard to understand but guess it takes a while for body to adjust to it but I do know one thing, Eat Less and the weight will eventually come off!

Bodies are weird *kitten* sometimes. I had a friend who was losing when I was and she seriously lost every 21 days. She'd stay the same or gain/lose a pound or so and then lose several pounds all at once.

I know you'd like it to be more linear, but hang in there. As long as you are staying in a deficit eventually it will move.