Trying out keto and need some friends!

Options
lydgate
lydgate Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I've been on MFP since 2011, shockingly, but I have zero friends as of posting this. I'm trying to get back into it, trying out keto to lose a few pounds.

Although I've been good about lifting this year I haven't been so good at avoiding beer. This summer I got really ill (mystery still, but recovering!) and losing a load of weight was one of the only upsides!

Now that I'm getting better I'm trying to use my new lower weight as a set point, to try to regain strength without gaining weight.

Please add me if you want to be friends! I will encourage you :-)

Replies

• verbalexplosive
    verbalexplosive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just started Keto lifestyle today
  • thetuckerfamily2011
    Options
    Hey there! I did keto in Feb and March this year and it went really well for me. Honestly, looking back I dont know why I stopped so starting up again. Feel free to add me!
  • jessdaytonxo
    jessdaytonxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on the Keto diet for a little over 3 months now and it’s been great! One of the only diets i’ve ever been able to stick to and actually enjoy following. It’s great for jumpstarting weightloss and really helps lean out your body. Wishing you the best on your journey!
  • chelletackett
    chelletackett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm easing into keto starting y this week (reducing my carbs, week by week) and depending on how it goes, I'll be in ketosis in a few weeks. I feel like slowly transitioning will work better for me.

Looking for new friends so we can share dairies, and give motivation. ❤️
  • whitneyrabbott
    whitneyrabbott Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did a higher carb level of keto while pregnant and it worked very well for me! Now I’m 4 months pp and trying to get back into healthy eating and exercise-looking for friends!
  • AmberLawrence2
    AmberLawrence2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I had a family member who introduced me to the keto diet and she had phenomenal results. I am starting this week and would love new friends who are also starting it back up. I am looking to lose 30 lbs and just be healthier for me and my family!
  • msladydee79
    msladydee79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day one on Keto - So far so good. I need to get more familiar with good breakfast tips tho.
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I found very informative (and not so informative) sites on YouTube. KetoConnect is a couple that share a lot of helpful tips and recipes! Dr Berry is great too.
    There are others who are trying to sell you anything that they can. Avoid these
    Good luck!