RELAPSE AT IT'S FINEST! WHO'S BEEN HERE?😏

So 3 weeks of eating healthy and daily exercise i lost a good 6 pounds. Yes seems impossible but true. i was beyond happy this past Friday when i weighed myself 220. Its been over 10 years that i weigh this. Just came back from a very awesome weekend out of town and literally gained 5 pounds. 2 days of u can say 2 very bad cheat meals. FRIED CHICKEN AND SODA and then Pizza. NOT EVEN 2 CHEAT DAYS. IM SO MAD AND MOSTLY SAD NOW. HOW IS IT THIS EASY TO GAIN WEIGHT AND SO HARD TO LOSE IT. DISIPLINE AND DEDICATION I KNOW BUT UGHHH. BACK TO THE HARD WORK. WHOS BEEN HERE?

Replies

• Venobambino
    Venobambino Posts: 35 Member
    Yup for sure water weight. Probably too much sodium
  • icecreamtime
    icecreamtime Posts: 11 Member
    OH I REALLY HOPE SO!! I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THIS. THANK U "TYH428" WHEN U SAY WATER WEIGHT THIS MIGHT SOUND SO DUMB BUT EVEN IF I HARDLY DRANK WATER?
  • tyh428
    tyh428 Posts: 6 Member
    It’s more like your retaining water due to the sodium.. if you drink more fluids it should all work itself out 😁
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member

Water fluctuations if you don’t understand them can destroy all your hard work. It happened to me previously. I had worked hard for several months and then had what I now know was just a water weight gain and it annoyed me as I’d worked so hard that I pretty much gave up and regained most of the weight I’d lost.

I’ve since learned that water fluctuations are normal. That certain foods can make the scale change. I have re lost the weight but it did set me back a few months. This was my own fault.

Biggest tip I can give is use a weight trending app. If you have an iPhone it’s happy scale, if you have android it’s libra. Both are free. Follow your weight trend and use your average weight. This shows you real weight and not water fluctuations.

Here is my graph from mfp. You can clearly see where my water fluctuation started and where it set me on a bad path. I now know better and as others have said to gain 1lb of actual fat you need to eat 3500 calories over maintenance and that’s a lot of food, so in a short space of time it’s very unlikely.

Best of luck to you.

aqqip3o1l8l4.png
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I regained 50 of 65 lbs I lost. On the way back down now.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    I lost well over a stone but developed a neck problem and was laid up for 2 months, the tablets increased my appetite too...im now getting married next june, theres my incentive.That stone went back on, ive almost lost half of it, im going for a new record low now.

Come on !!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,147 Member
    I've gained back 13# due to depression eating. Doctors don't offer help, so I'm doing what (legally) works.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    I lost 45 and now I’ve re-gained about 2lbs from being a lazy butt for a couple weeks & not logging. I know better but it still happened 😐

But yeah your situation is likely water. Lots of salt in that food. Wait a week and watch trends to know if it’s water or gain. I’ll second the recommendation for a trending app, it’s really great.