Question for people who've lost 80+ pounds...

Options
Here's what I'm wondering...in your experience, how much did you lose before people start to notice/comment on your weight loss? Just curious :)

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started at 298 so I wanna say 20 or 30 pounds@50 EVERYBODY noticed.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    :smile: I think for me around 40 lbs people started noticing. I have lost about 92 since I had my first child 5 years ago (I had another baby in between had to start over) now it seems around every 5 some people see a difference. feel free to add me as a friend!.. I am down to my final 25 pounds it has been a long hard road but even though it has taken me a long time I am still proud of me! :flowerforyou:
  • erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be proud of! What an accomplishment! :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I started at 330. By the time I'd reached 270 I had obviously lost weight and started having clothes that were too big for me. I'd say it was pretty much noticeable by the time I'd lost 40-50lbs but you can look through my Facebook page's progress pics (a pic every 10lbs) to judge for yourself.

I think if you start lower you'll notice a change much quicker. Losing weight is like taking squares off a toilet paper roll. When the roll is full and fluffy, taking a few squares off doesn't make much of a difference to the size of the roll. When you get closer to the middle of the roll, taking of a few squares shows a bit. By the time you get to the cardboard tube, every single square is huge.

Least that's what helps me keep chugging along.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Around 40-50lbs.
  • BlutAura
    BlutAura Posts: 97
    Options
    6lbs to go until the 80+ club for me! First place I lost weight from was my face and neck so people started noticing from the first sorta 14lbs... I still have a lot to lose though but people have started negatively commented on me losing more weight. I'm still clinically over weight so I don't get their frustration unless it is born from jealousy.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    it is funny because most of my clothes are still really big some days people don't say anything but oh they notice....probably when I hit around 40 people really started noticing. I think because I had lost so much in my face. When I wear something that actually fits people say things all the time!

Don't worry if noone is saying anything because sometimes people don't want to say something because they don't want to offend you. I have heard from several friends that others will ask them about my weight loss! LOL! after they confirm they will usually then say something to me directly!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    50-80 before people noticed. Mom noticed at 15 lol
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Really people still tell me I am fat in my head because sometimes I still doubt it, since I was so big though it took a good 70lbs before people would mention it.
  • erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    50-80 before people noticed. Mom noticed at 15 lol

LOL...my mom too! I was glad at least someone could see it besides me!
  • McMamma38
    Options
    I have 10 more pounds to go before I hit 80 pounds lost!

I'd say it was after 40 pounds that ppl started commenting & noticing.My mom noticed right away as my face got thinner first & I didn't look so "blowed" up.LOL
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    for me it was within the first 2 months, about 30 lbs, my boobs shrunk before anything and everyone asked me if i had breast reduction, there was a rumour going around the office that i had gotten gastric bypass, and a boob job, and one that i was bullimic, so i stood up in the middle of the lunchroom and announced that i had been on weight watchers, started walking, and quit smoking, and had lost 30 lbs, and that people should STFU and stop with the rumours!!!

:)