Looking for some support

Options
Tonight I asked my husband if he would be more attracted to me if I lost weight. He said "maybe physically" . I got upset and he didnt understand why. My weight has never been a problem before and I thought he was attracted to me.. I explained that and he said it just turns him off worrying about my health or me dying. And that it's not about how I look. I restated the question and told him how is that physical then? And he proceeded to say it isnt about looks anyway. So now I just want to crawl in a hole and die lol.. i dont know how to feel about this and am just upset and not sure where to go from here

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Paradokx wrote: »
    Tonight I asked my husband if he would be more attracted to me if I lost weight. He said "maybe physically" . I got upset and he didnt understand why. My weight has never been a problem before and I thought he was attracted to me.. I explained that and he said it just turns him off worrying about my health or me dying. And that it's not about how I look. I restated the question and told him how is that physical then? And he proceeded to say it isnt about looks anyway. So now I just want to crawl in a hole and die lol.. i dont know how to feel about this and am just upset and not sure where to go from here

Why ask if you didnt actually want an honest answer?
  • GoatMumma
    GoatMumma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I Totally understand how you are feeling . I think that 'some' men don't think before they speak !
    I'm sure your husband loves you very much and didn't intend to hurt you. If your weight has never affected your relationship before then i wouldn't worry hun. I know that i hate myself when overweight and i feel very insecure which makes me so sensitive to any weight comments. Focus on your weight loss journey and remember your husband married you for a reason...he loves you! .....he just doesn't think before he speaks!! Lol x
  • jls1mum
    jls1mum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hold your head up high.
    Today is a new day,
    Concentrate on yourself and be positive.