Workout Power Tunes

Options
Listening to music really helps me stay focussed when I'm exercising, especially when running. I have a few playlists on my phone but I'm looking for some new inspiration.
What's that one tune that gives you an extra burst of energy at the end of your workout.
I'm trying to convince myself that if i had a whole list of them I'd be unstoppable lol

My booster tune is a guilty pleasure - Take That Shine ;)

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love Pink's "Raise Your Glass" and Gabrielle Cimli's "On A Mission" - they both motivate me when I want to go faster :)
  • cinole1706
    Options
    I like Paramore's faster stuff. I was listening to "Fences" today and felt a little extra kick :)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    well like you say mix up your tunes but have one thats going to kick in not when you expect it but when it did gives you a boost when you need it my fav is mily cyrus and the climb it motivates you when your feel low
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Waka Waka by Shakira
    Waving Flag (the upbeat version) by K'Naan

I just finished my c25k and while I was running today, All Fired Up by Pat Benetar came on and I almost cried while running.
    The lyrics go...

I believe there comes a time
    when everything just falls in line.
    We live and learn by our mistakes,
    the deepest cuts are healed by faith.

So that's my new theme song for this time in my life. Everything has just fallen into place and I am doing things and accomplishing things that I never dreamed I would be doing (like running!!!). I am SO proud of myself for what I've been doing these last few months and I feel SO much better about myself and my life because of it!

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump...

my list is always changing - right now it's Pumped Up Kicks... I can't get enough of that song during my run.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My Chemical Romance's Planetary (Go!). Very high energy.
  • sandrajessica
    sandrajessica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY embarassed to say that Britney really gets me going (and trust me, when I'm running is the ONLY time she gets me going) and Black Eyed Peas!

Both guilty pleasures....dont judge. I know what you mean - I absolutely NEEED good tunes to run.

Florence & The Machine's "Dog Days are Over" is good for the beginning/middle of your run. HELLO the lyrics are "run fast!"
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Limp Bizkit....the new Gold Cobra is awesome for my workouts. I also pump up Pantera, Beastie Boys, and Steppenwolf.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LMFAO, Girl Talk, MIA, Rev Theory, Lady Gaga, Britne, Pitbull....I tend to work out to a lot of the top 40 stuff with an occasional "little something harder" mixed in :)

Outside of my workouts, my musical tastes are all over the board!
  • WillbeWilma
    WillbeWilma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for all the welcome suggestions, :smile: nice to know that i'm not the only one whose musical tastes are a little more cultured when i'm not wearing my sneakers and sweating lol :laugh:

:blushing: Snippet of Take That - Shine :blushing:
    Stop being so hard on yourself
    It's not good for your health
    I know that you can change
    So clear your head and come round
    You only have to open your eyes
    You might just get a big surprise
    And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile.

Don't you let your demons pull you down
    'Cause you can have it all, you can have it all.

Diane
  • WillbeWilma
    WillbeWilma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Never tried Britney, think my kids would disown me if they heard her dulcet tones blasting out of the treadmill speakers, never say never tho lol i'll keep you posted :wink:
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The House That Jack Built - Aretha Franklin

Great beat!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    My list of tunes when I train:

So Cold - Breaking Benjamin
    Isolation - Alter Bridge
    Before I forget - Slipknot
    Surfacing - Slipknot
    Master of Puppets - Metallica
    My Wave - Soundgarden
    Sanitarium - Metallica
    Unchained - Van Halen
    Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
    Wicked Garden - STP
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've not put any tunes together yet but the thread got me thinking about what could go on there. Trying to think of stuff with a running beat! Off the top of my head..

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
    REM - It's the End of the World As We Know It
    Kasabian - Fast Fuse
    Outkast - Hey Ya
    Rick James - Superfreak (it makes me smile because of that scene in Little Miss Sunshine!)
    Something by The Fall, James, The Cure, Led Zep, Pendulum
    Black Keys - Howlin' For You
    Jace Everett - Bad Things
    The Vaccines - If You Wanna
    Interpol - Evil

Also agree with Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks :smokin: Will try and think of more.