Simple Lunch ideas anyone?

Options
Ashlynnluv
Ashlynnluv Posts: 8 Member
Hey! Newbie here! Looking for some simple lunch ideas! I'm so tired of eating chicken or tuna salad lol! Prefer a meal with low carbs and simple ingredients. I work in a shop and we have a microwave and refrigerator.

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    * Chicken cordon blue - fried or baked
    * Loaded deviled eggs
    * Scotch eggs
    * Grilled (choose your meats) burrito bowl. For low carb, cauli rice or zucchini noodles substitute.
    * Pre-baked fathead pizza base, add toppings before bed. Seal it. Refrigerate at home, and later work, and heat up in your workplace microwave.
    * Same dough as above, can be made into meat loaded stromboli or Samosa, empanadas, sausage rolls, calzones
    * Bacon wrapped asparagus spears
    * Cheese with turkey or ham wrapped around it, breaded, then fried or baked.
    * Schnitzel (chicken, pork, beef) paired with baked low carb veggies
  • Ashlynnluv
    edited October 2018
    Options
    * Loaded deviled eggs
    * Scotch eggs
    * Grilled (choose your meats) burrito bowl. For low carb, cauli rice or zucchini noodles substitute.
    * Pre-baked fathead pizza base, add toppings before bed. Seal it. Refrigerate at home, and later work, and heat up in your workplace microwave.
    * Same dough as above, can be made into meat loaded stromboli or Samosa, empanadas, sausage rolls, calzones

Thank you! I like these choices! I have never tried asparagus before but I will give it a try.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of wraps. You can find low carb tortillas and load them up. I tend to stick with turkey and a variety of vegetables and sauces. I like to use a laughing cow cheese or hummus, and whatever veggies I have on hand (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, ect.) to make a stuffed wrap that's satisfying and still low calorie.

I eat a lot of soup for lunch too. I make a big batch on the weekends and have leftovers for lunch.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I have been making this A LOT lately. So fresh and filling. And so incredibly quick and easy to make four day's worth of lunches at one time. I add a Quest bar, and this keeps me satisfied all afternoon.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/greek-chickpea-salad/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    My somewhat boring routine is to bring protein leftovers from the night before with 200g of defrosted frozen veg. I keep lemon salt, truffle salt and sriracha at my desk. If there are no leftover proteins I will get a takeaway from the poke salad place near my office.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Ashlynnluv wrote: »
    * Loaded deviled eggs
    * Scotch eggs
    * Same dough as above, can be made into meat loaded stromboli or Samoa, empanadas, sausage rolls, calzones

Thank you! I like these choices! I have never tried asparagus before but I will give it a try.

You're welcome. 😁

There's also the option of slow cooking a huge slab of meat in an instant pot or slow cooker ... Shredding it ... Separate containers per serving.. .. Reheating and assembling at work in sandwiches, tacos, burritos etc.
  • Ashlynnluv
    Options
    I appreciate everyone taking the time to help me! I see some really good ideas.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I have 2 lunches during the week. my first lunch (around 10-1:30am) is always carrot salad with cucumber and sometimes parsley. I add either parmesan cheese or hummus, balsamic vinergar, and then meat of some sort. I have tonnes of cans of sardines that live in my office, so if I don't have leftover something else, I stick a can of sardines on there.

Then lunch #2, which is my main lunch (around 2pm), is always leftovers from night before. It's generally speaking rice, beans (cooked in Brazilian style), some sort of vegetable and some sort of meat. Not low carb.

Which is not what i eat for dinner LOL!

On the weekends when I have only one larger lunch, then it's whatever is going.

I sometimes cook up a whole bunch of chicken breast meat and use that to bring in for protein too.
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day. I love Von's bread & seed bread (sorry, not low carb) one slice with 1/4 avocado, tomato, red onion & turkey, berries and sugar free chocolate pudding. I eat string cheese for a snack.
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oops, nut and seed bread...
  • petersen132
    petersen132 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe
    Pita bread
    Organic cheese
    Low sodium organic marinara sauce
  • semperfly
    semperfly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    anyway you can get a george foreman grill in there? i work at a sheriff office 911 dispatch center and we are lucky to get a hot meal. i have become an expert at foreman cooking. low carb, high protein breakfast and lunch on the grill.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Peel and eat shrimp with homemade reduced sugar cocktail sauce is my fave work lunch.

I also like to make a little deli platter with rolled up turkey and/or ham, sliced cheese, HB egg and pickles and olives.

And there's always leftovers from last night's dinner, if there are any. LOL
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Meal prep stir fry!
    Protein (chicken breast, cheap steak), frozen veg, sauce (orange, sweet chili, whatever you like). High heat in a pan.

When I was working in an office I did 2 days stir fry and 2 days pasta. Could easily do a zoodle w butter for lower carb, or red sauce for more mid-ish. Pack it w broccoli, mushrooms, or other bulking veggies to make it even more filling. The 5th day was Friday & my team would go out to lunch... 😉
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lunch is my diet, veggies, veggies, veggies, --- caned, frozen, or fresh, whatever is on sale, I don't have to like it - this is also my unlimited meal. I eat till full (stuffed) every lunch Monday-Friday
  • mariameats
    mariameats Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i love having ground turkey, some salsa & cheese (if you eat cheese) on top of romaine hearts. Yum!