If you are at or near goal, and used to be obese:

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
Please tell me all about the way things are different now. Is shopping more fun? Does your waistband roll down when you're sitting? Do you still blow out the seams on the insides of your pants? I want to hear the fashion/clothing/shoes/jewelery side of it!! Of course we're all trying to get healthy, but looking good is a great side effect. It's been a long time since I felt 'average' sized, and I'm hoping to hear all of the great things that are coming my way. It's been a long week and I'm hoping to have a little pick-me-up.

So, fashion-NSV-time!!!!!

Replies

• kkinse
    kkinse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey,

One of my goals of joining MFP, along with lots of health reasons of course, was to enjoy shopping again! Around December I weighed in around 200 lbs, and am now less than 8 lbs from my goal, and clothes-wise, I am loving it!

When I was heavy, I couldn't shop at the stores I liked, and was always trying to find "slimming" styles and wouldn't try on clothes in styles other than I knew would work. Now, not only am I am medium and shopping in the 27-29 size for pants (!!!! I was barely fitting into a 33 before) and I love it again. I also bought 3 bikinis this year, whereas I hadn't bought a new suit for 4 years before because I was embarassed.

If you can't tell, my goal of enjoying shopping again has definitely been reached!
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I weigh 145 IBs ( 66 kilos) . I love that I can order cheaper clothes online without wondering if they will fit or not! I love I can get sale clothes now . Before it be hard finding size 16/18 on sale. SIZE 10 is way better. Love I can buy 28 / size 10 jeans and do not need to try them on every time. Brought my first CORSET last week and love that I can wear it now on Halloween . Can dress as a real vamp now for halloween. Daughters birthday so celebrate big and for once I be dressing up too! I truly feel great
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Hey,

One of my goals of joining MFP, along with lots of health reasons of course, was to enjoy shopping again! Around December I weighed in around 200 lbs, and am now less than 8 lbs from my goal, and clothes-wise, I am loving it!

When I was heavy, I couldn't shop at the stores I liked, and was always trying to find "slimming" styles and wouldn't try on clothes in styles other than I knew would work. Now, not only am I am medium and shopping in the 27-29 size for pants (!!!! I was barely fitting into a 33 before) and I love it again. I also bought 3 bikinis this year, whereas I hadn't bought a new suit for 4 years before because I was embarassed.

If you can't tell, my goal of enjoying shopping again has definitely been reached!

YES! Shopping sucks when you're constantly on the hunt for the most slimming attributes only! Thanks for sharing!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I weigh 145 IBs ( 66 kilos) . I love that I can order cheaper clothes online without wondering if they will fit or not! I love I can get sale clothes now . Before it be hard finding size 16/18 on sale. SIZE 10 is way better. Love I can buy 28 / size 10 jeans and do not need to try them on every time. Brought my first CORSET last week and love that I can wear it now on Halloween . Can dress as a real vamp now for halloween. Daughters birthday so celebrate big and for once I be dressing up too! I truly feel great

OOohh... I love a good corset!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!