Hitting protein goals

Options
Hi guys, does anyone have any advice for protein snacks or easy high protein meals that are quick to buy or make from U.K. supermarkets? I hate boiled eggs and I know how good they are as on the go snacks! I just end up eating fruit!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, does anyone have any advice for protein snacks or easy high protein meals that are quick to buy or make from U.K. supermarkets? I hate boiled eggs and I know how good they are as on the go snacks! I just end up eating fruit!

Pack of ham, pack of chicken, a bit of cheese, seafood... any of those for snacks.

For meals build them round the protein.

But if you like eating fruit, eat fruit?

What is your protein goal?
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    hard boiled eggs or beans
  • oliviabraddick
    oliviabraddick Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Pack of ham, pack of chicken, a bit of cheese, seafood... any of those for snacks.

My protein goal is around 30g with every meal.

Thanks for your tips!
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Tesco’s, m&s etc all have little chicken skewers and prawns with dip as snacks in the ‘lunch’ sections (over with the meal deals) - or there are trays of chicken slices etc in the cooked meats cold section.

Quick and easy dinner could be the salad deal type things from Tesco’s - I know they do one with a protein, salad and sauce (and maybe a carb like fresh rice noodles? (I mainly shop at Tesco so I can’t remember what other supermarkets have but I’m sure they have similar)
    Precooked chicken/ham/cheese plus either stir fry veg or salad
    Prawns take about 2 min to cook
    Depending on your eating goals/budget you might be able to get your protein worth from ready meals and freezer foods which can be thrown in the oven (even chicken nuggets have protein 😉 lol)

Plus there are things like small cheeses (babybel and other similar sized portions), salami, yoghurt, nuts etc

Alternatively set some time aside each week to meal prep at least your meat portions. (Meat can be frozen once raw and once cooked so you can make up big batches of food and freeze it to take as lunches etc - that’s how I manage).

Just work out what 30gm protein looks like in the foods you eat (I.e 100gm chicken breast, 115gm prawns etc etc) and eat accordingly :-)
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh and most express shops seem to have carb killa protein bars (my personal fav but go woth whatever suits you obv) which are a quick and dirty 20gm protein ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

My protein goal is around 30g with every meal.

Thanks for your tips!

are you vegetarian? if not then that shouldn't be a difficult goal?