Just over 5 months, 34 lbs lost, no longer overweight! - pic

Options
shoppie
shoppie Posts: 618 Member
Like many of us, I gained weight for lots of reasons. I have always enjoyed food, but first got properly overweight when I started work in 2000 and went to 5* hotels on corporate cash and fully indulged! I lost some, but not all in 2001 for my wedding, but then got pregnant in 2005 and gained a lot more (about 40 lbs) I did however lose it all - right back to pre-work days weight while DS was still small. Once I was back at work though, I was miserable trying to juggle work and home and leave my gorgeous DS and gained about 20 lbs. I then got pregnant with DS2 and piled on more. I lost it again using MFP after he was born, only to return to work and gain it again for the same reasons. I fell pregnant with DD and gained even more due to stress (my DS2 was critically ill after his birth so pregnancy was very non-fun for me)

Here I am at my life-time heaviest on Feb 8th 2011, weighing 220lbs (albeit there is a baby in there!)
GinBrighton1.jpg

Post birth, DD is less than 48 hrs old in this pic so poss a little mean, but this is the only post baby pic I have before I started shifting weight (when she was 4 weeks). I weigh around 198 in this pic.
02-mummyandkids2.jpg

and here I am on Tuesday, finally hitting my goal of being within the acceptable weight range for my height on the BMI scale.
take2.jpg

Writing this thread has actually shocked me as the difference is amazing even to my eyes. This is what most shocked me - look at my face!!
GinBrighton2-1.jpg
take2-1.jpg

I still have a journey ahead of myself - I'd like to shift a bit more, I haven't decided precisely what yet but am starting with 6 lbs to take me to 40 lbs lost in total. I think my biggest challenge is going to be keeping it off though, I am hoping you guys will stick around to help me with that! :flowerforyou:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!