£500 Motivation

Options
So I have promised my 15 year old daughter that if by 4th of April ( Her Birthday) my weight is not under 70 kg I would give her £500 😫 What was I thinking 🤔 That is a huge 50kg to lose in 6 Months time!! So far things are going well as i take the weight loss on a day to day basis and know exactly how much i need to weigh every day to achieve that goal by April. Wish me luck 😂 if anyone wants to join you’re more than welcome x

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a hell of a birthday present for her! Maybe she could put a portion of it in to a savings account :smile: good luck with your weight loss!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    That is not a healthy rate of loss, the most you should be aiming for is around 2lbs per week (just under 1kg per week), you'd be hard pushed to lose 50kg in that amount of time, at most you can probably expect a loss of 25kg and that's factoring in a water weight drop at the beginning.

The deficit required for you to lose what you want in the time frame you want it is almost 2300 calories per day. So unless you plan on spending the whole day exercising every day for 6 months or not eating anything at all for 6 months, it's just not feasible.

Presumably you want to set a healthy example for your daughter, I would suggest setting yourself to 0.75kg - 1kg per week and making a sustainable plan.

9f9mgfp3osbk.jpg
    bnmd863otxal.jpg

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    I'm predicting some sabotage by your 15 year old daughter!

Her: "Mum, what's that in the sky?"
    You: look upwards
    Her: sneakily stirs in a boatload of sugar into your food when you are not looking

I don't think either of you can lose (metaphorically speaking.) Even if you don't lose it all the motivation might get you far and she gets some $$$. Happy Mummy, happy daughter.

😂😂She used to encourage me to lose weight as she knows how unhappy i am about my weight. Now she is encouraging me to eat chocolate 🍫 because money is involved 🤣
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

I WILL:

I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON'T:

I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    I won’t diagnose other members.

Please note: Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low-calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    kgeyser
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.