Hello! I’m Bre’Jana! What’s everyone name & weight goal?

Options
I was recently told that i have prediabetes and that i need to loose at least 10% of my weight , so i decided to make it a goal to go above and beyond 10% i want to lose 100 lbs so i can be back at 155! I think i can do it! How about you?

Replies

• cravinglifechants
    cravinglifechants Posts: 502 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    <-- There's my name. :D
    samdomzack wrote: »
    Weird name. Is it French or something?

I actually peeked in here just for the name - I LOVE it! It's a gorgeous name. Unless I'm mistaken, traced to it's roots as a combination of two names, both Hebrew in origin, it would mean Mother of a Multitude is Gracious. As a variation on Briana, with Celtic roots, it would mean Strong or Ascending. Either way, not a bad name to have.

It's a pleasure to meet you Bre'Jana! Welcome to the gang - you can definitely do it, and if you want to do some mutual encouragement, don't hesitate to knock on my wall. ;) Goal weight this end is 175lbs!

• biscuitforcefield
    biscuitforcefield Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weird name. Is it French or something?

WOW. Way to be rude.

Welcome Bre'Jana :)
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Shut up with the history. It’s a weird name.

are you having a bad day? I've just come on to MFP for a quick lunch break browse and you 've got at least 4 or 5 rude/offhand/weird posts over a few threads on the Recent Posts page.

Bre'Jana, I think best to just ignore this guy... welcome btw

• 100thtimelucky
    100thtimelucky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

When temptation calls just count to one minute and by the time you have finished counting you will have focused on what's really important. A lot of where we go astray is in the rash decision to eat something we know doesn't help our situation of wanting to lose weight. Combine the one minute pause with positivity for yourself and you will find that nine out of ten times the biscuit etc goes back in the packet. Better still, don't have the packet!

I'm 15 stone 9lb and looking to get to 13 stone 0lb as a start. This is with a calorie intake of 1500 a day, which will give me a weekly loss of 2 lb. I am also exercising 20 minutes a night by running up stairs, which drops 500 calories and I have days where I don't consume the full 1500 food allowance. I would say from past experience that exercise is the key that goes into the lock of dieting. Even a light stroll to start is extremely beneficial!

I would say Good Luck, but luck doesn't come into it. Instead I'll say good decision making Bre'Jana!