not exactly a weight loss victory but im thrilled to say: by

Options
nani726
nani726 Posts: 70 Member
Ok so i didnt know where to post this, so i took the liberty to do it here, mainly because for me this is an incredible victory!

Ive been on antidepressants for about 2 years now and while they helped me at the time, i noticed right off the bat that if i went an hr past the 24hr mark i'd go thru withdrawal immediately!
At one point i forgot to pick up my refill and didnt realize that i had run out til almost 1am when the pharmacy was closed.. i knew i was going thru the withdrawals soon and honest to God, i felt like a junkie willing to do unmentionable things to get my fix..

Then i bought a cheap bike on an impulse and on an impulse i started riding it. Its been two weeks since then and ive been riding bikes with my children every day. I feel soooo freaking goooooood!!!
i have energy, im in an awesome mood and best of all, one night i forgot to take my crack pill, i mean celexa and didnt feel any withdrawals! no electric current feeling, no anxiety and no moodiness! i decided then ,to taper off.. so i took half a pill 2 night ago, another last night and im still in an incredible mood..
I had discussed with my doctor before the desire to quit taking them since i felt mentally "sane" but the fear of withdrawal kept me from doing it so. Now i dont fear it at all.
Who knew??
Who knew that something as simple and ancient as exercise could help depression??
Im just amazed. And thrilled. And I cant wait for the whats in store for me :)

Replies

• janetj518
    Options
    That is fabulous!! CONGRATS!!
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Great to hear :-)
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you!! =D
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!!!
  • 130ismygoal
    130ismygoal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal and was reading over your post. I couldn't help but smile as you shared your victory. I've heard for many years now that exercise is a great way to boost mood. I'm glad that you have been able to find a way to wean yourself off the meds and do something you enjoy!
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    What an amazing story. Very proud of you.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    You definitely posted in the right place. That is an AWESOME success story!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! So excited for you!!!! :)
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself!! Great job!:drinker:
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Way to go! So happy for u.
  • nani726
    Options
    thanks y'all!

i really do feel great :) and now to work the other little nicks! lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) I am also in a way better mood since i added cardio to my life.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YAY! So happy for you!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I have heard of people getting rid of blood pressure, cholesterol and other medications but It's not to often people are able to get rid of any kind of mood stabilizing medications with out a back lash of emotions. Good for you! keep it up!
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!! That is a wonderful victory. Even better because it was so unexpected.
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :bigsmile:

I was able to finally wean myself off antidepressants too about 4 weeks into starting here! I won't lie....my moods can still be a little off/on, but I'm learning to cope with them instead of medicating them. If I feel down I'll make myself go for a longer walk/run/bike ride and when I'm feeling good I take full advantage of it and do whatever feels good (exercisewise that is! LOL). I'm a little afraid of what winter will bring, BUT I'm pretty confident that by then I'll know myself well enough to know how to deal and keep going. :smile:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Be careful with celexa, sounds like what youre calling the exlectric feeling is what Im refferring to but for me it was immediate emotional withdrawel, I went cold turkey, shame on me I know, but it took a week and half before I got what they call brain zaps
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! It's amazing what gettin' off your hiney & moving can do! Keep at it & you will reap the benefits!
  • nani726
    Options
    that's it, those stupid brain zaps! i hate them with a passion!!

ive been on antidepressants for 2 years now and i hate myself for getting hooked on them, i swear it feels like a crack addiction!
    how long did the zaps last? i cant believe you did it cold turkey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!