Resistance bands superior to weights

Options
Ok so the title was clickbait, but I've been experimenting with these "super bands" and they're just awesome!
I can do every exercise I could do at the gym in the comfort of my own home. It's cheaper than gym memberships or conventional equipment, you can get some super heavy ones so theres no saying that they're too light. They give you a crazy burn, way more than I've had with weights..I'm pretty sure you can do a full body building routine with these bands alone..guys like James Grage have done a whole series on them on YouTube.
Has anybody else tried a bodybuilding routine with bands alone? Does anybody use them regularly?
Also if you're a full on traditionalist bodybuilder who swears there is no alternative to weights and would like to kill me, my address is....

Replies

• Julian5656
    Julian5656 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa , yea that's the one down side I've found. Because the resistance is not linear (it gets heavier the more you stretch the band) measuring the resistance can be difficult. But still doable I think. You could move up in band strength as apposed to moving up in weight. Some of these bands can equate to a weight of 100kg, so there's room for progressive overload.
    For somebody who doesnt have access to a gym, this is a great alternative.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Very hard to measure progressive overload with bands