Motivation Please

Options
I have lost 20 lbs very proud of myself. In the beginning I thought if I could lose the first 20 lbs. That would motivate me to lose the rest. I was so wrong. It has been so hard for me to stay motivated. I have been eating so bad the last two weeks. Did anybody else have this prolbem and if so how did you get past it?

Thanks!

Replies

• emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Same here its like I hit a slump! I am just trying to read my goals I wrote and force myself to keep at it.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am in that same funk myself right now and also after losing the first 20 lbs. I agree I thought it would be easy to do after you realized you could do 20 but not so. I am still workiing daily to keep my motivation in the right place, I also reorganized my workout schedule and so far that seems to be working for me as well. Feel free to friend me and we can work on our motivation together, having each other's experiences and daily battles to discuss would probably be helpful to both of us.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    YES! Once you lose hat first 20, it's like you are doing great, so why not treat yourself.

Mine happened because I went out of town for a wedding. And then I just could not get back on track. You just have to make a commitment. Say to yourself, I may have lost 20, but that's not all I'm going to lose. I vowed that I would not be the person who worked so hard for nothing. That not only was I going to keep the weight off that I lost, but that I was going to lose the rest of it I wanted. That is when I joined this site and I've been going to the gym every day. Being on here and seeing all that everyone else has accomplished has made me want it even more.

Just think of it this way... You started this Journey for a reason. You can't give up now!
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had the same problerm. I was very strict with everything I ate...I worked out at least 4 days a week and after I ran my Half Marathon on May 1st I have totally lost control. I keep saying that I will start back up again and then I fail and then I say its okay tomorrow is a new day with a new start but that hasn't helped either. I have gained back 6 pounds I have lost a lot of my confidence and just don't know why I can't get back on the ban wagon :( But you and I both know that we can do this we have done it before so we just need to get out of the whole and get our A**'s back in gear!!
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've been on this "diet" for over a year now. I prefer to think of it now as a lifestyle change. :wink: I have my ups and downs. I did really good the first several months and lost lots of weight. Then I had some problems around the holidays and spent Jan and Feb loosing the weight I had gained back. Then I was on a roll again and lost more weight. I've hit a similar slump the last month or so. I really want the things I shouldn't be eating. My weakness is sweets. I'm trying to keep in mind that it's a journey not a destination. I will meet my goals! It just might take longer than I planned. I've done a really good job up till now.

As long as you start again, it doesn't matter if you have the occasional lapse. Forgive yourself for being human, get back on the wagon and keep going. You'll get the in the end. Good luck!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have not got to that point yet. I worry it will happen thought. What helps me is to have a goal.

At first it was a cruise I went on earlier this month. That was huge, I kept working to see how much I could lose before I left, and I lost over 70 pounds!

Now I have two things I am working on, some clothes that "fit" but don't look good, I figure about 20 pounds from now I will be ROCKING them. And a wedding I am attending on 9/24.

Maybe goals like this will help you?