CICO works! Down to 150lbs from 200lbs.

hmize202
hmize202 Posts: 14 Member
edited October 2018 in Success Stories
28 year old woman here. Keep up the calorie counting, and find healthy recipes to fill you up! Like veggie/meat soups, salads, and multiple stir fry variations. I tried losing weight for years. Ate like I used to, and expected results when I exercised like crazy. I would run 6 miles a day until my shins hurt! Turns out, I was overeating! Then found MFP, lowered my carbs, and cut out drinking calories completely. My progress has taken almost two years, but it’s a lifestyle change. I do the elliptical two times a week for 30 minutes and have a more bna5eh1ij9mq.jpeg
th6erirzqck7.jpeg
9cdlnwat15c9.jpeg
09lp2u1oqfht.jpeg

active job. You can do it and every minute you work towards it is a win! First pic before, last 3 after!

Replies

• kickingitup
    kickingitup Posts: 38 Member
    Awesome!! Congratulations on your success! You look amazing.
  • hmize202
    Thank you so much!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Ahhhh, congrats!! How exciting!
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Well done!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Just wow. I wish I had been that smart at 28 ;). That's really awesome. And the fact that it took you two years means that you have made some manageable changes that you can stick to. Congratulations on the new you! I have done a lot of hiking this past summer and fall. Where are your pics? That's really cool!! :)
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    You look fabulous!
  • hmize202
    Just wow. I wish I had been that smart at 28 ;). That's really awesome. And the fact that it took you two years means that you have made some manageable changes that you can stick to. Congratulations on the new you! I have done a lot of hiking this past summer and fall. Where are your pics? That's really cool!! :)

Thank you very much! It’s been a long road! And White Rocks in Utah 😃
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Could youpl share howmany cals you ate daily and an avg meal plan for the day. I started right abt where you are and need to get down to 150 lbs as well. I am now 185.6 in 5 months. Started at 203. I dont work out like crazy because wt will come bck when i stop. I do strength training, walkg 4.63 miles 2-3 times a week. Eating clean has helped.
  • hmize202
    Nice! I’ve been trying for two years, but most of the progress has been since January actually!! I gained some back the first year when I stopped logging. I am at 1400 calories a day(to loose 1.5lbs a week). I have a 200 calorie protein bar for breakfast, small apple for a snack, a ~300 calorie frozen ‘healthy choice power bowl’ or other frozen meal for lunch, and beef jerky or nuts for my afternoon snack. That leaves me with about half my calories for dinner. I usually eat a homemade meat&veggie stirfry, soup, or salad for dinner. If I have any calories left I’ll have a treat with the rest. The key thing for me is drinking absolutely no calories! I still drink diet drinks, and if I do drink, I’ll have miller 64 or vodka with zero calorie mixer(fitted to my calories). I’d go over sometimes, but get back at it the next day! Good luck-you’ve got this!!!
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing! I’m so inspired when I read your posts! I will get there!
    I go to bed nowadays all excited to see the scale the next morning and when its down, the feeling is better than anythg I feel after eating dessert which has been my weakness for all my live!
  • hmize202
    You’re welcome! I still weigh myself everyday too! Haha. But once you get to your goal weight it gets tough. What do you do now? You obsessed over something for so long, and it feels amazing to see the results. I’ve been branching out to new hobbies. And for the dessert-there are a lot of low calorie alternatives out there. I’ve found that once I tapered off, I craved sugar less!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!