CAN'T SEEM TO LOSE WEIGHT!!

Options
Two months after beginning my weight loss journey, I lost eight lbs (213lbs to 205lbs), but lately I've just been stuck at 207 wondering how I gained two lbs. I can't seem to break 200lbs! It's frustrating seeing how others can lose so much more weight in two months, and I can't even lose 10lbs! I really want to be in the 190lbs's before homecoming which is in September. Any suggestions? What is the key to continuously losing without staying at a standstill?

Replies

• JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cut out all pasta's and rice. Eat grilled chicken or fish with green veggies, asparagus, green beans, broccoli. and make sure you are drinking water. Do give up! You can do this!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Throw that scale out! Judge your weight loss by how your clothes fit. Also, you can do three things...

1) Change your diet
    2) Change your workout routine
    3) Work out longer and with more intensity.

I am at a wall right now but I dont care. I know I am in this for the long term and my body cant maintain my current weight over a long period without losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    All of the above and exercise more consistantly.

And more water!!!!

You can do it!!!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Throw that scale out! Judge your weight loss by how your clothes fit. Also, you can do three things...

1) Change your diet
    2) Change your workout routine
    3) Work out longer and with more intensity.

I am at a wall right now but I dont care. I know I am in this for the long term and my body cant maintain my current weight over a long period without losing fat and gaining muscle.
    Wow, couldn't have put it better - on all counts! :)
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Skipping dinner now and then i see.I have a big breakfast,300 to 400 calories,then lunch and good healthy dinner.Im not sure what the Kellogg thingies are(im an aussie) but some-days your barely giving your body any fuel to start the day.I found (for me)the better the brekky the more consistent my loss.I also try to not snack heaps on much cept fruit,veg,popcorn etc.This is not a criticism and Im far from knowledgeable:)I do the rainbow colours each day(for fruit and veg)
  • Q9S7
    Q9S7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Double Bump. Get your carbs in the morning upon waking (no don't go get ready for the day first, eat first) or get your carbs in postworkout (provided you feel that you've worked hard enough to have them). All other times stick to lean protein and veggies. Don't eat after 9pm. You can do it!
    P.S. Another quick way to drop pounds is to cut all liquid calories.
  • aminomel
    Options
    You can do this! You are not alone I too an struggling and I find this helps me. I agree with others. Change your diet and change your exercise routine.

Here is what I do - it has been working for me. I stick to my recommended caloric intake which is 1,200 calories per day.

I eat lots of veggies:

Romain
    celery
    bell peppers
    mushrooms
    tomato (love grape tomatos)
    brocolli
    asparagus

I eat protein:
    sometimes peanut buttter (in moderation on a celery stick)
    chicken in a pan with pam - touch celtic salt and pepper
    no beef
    Lean Turkey patty on a salad.
    fish - salmon, talapia...

Fruit
    I eat filling fruit like
    Watermelon
    Strawberries (great in salads too)
    banana
    apples (great in salads too)
    Grapes (great in salads too)

I love laughing cow cheese great in egg beaters with fresh spinach as a fritata...

Do a fun exercise I get bored and that is a huge problem for me. I like Wii Just Dance. I like to dance and its fun - its a full body cardio which is GREAT!

I also drinks lots and lots of water with lemon. Also in the morning with my vitamins I drink a small glass of chocolate silk. It helps to make me feel full and I feel like I got a little treat.

Message me if I can help you more. xoxo :smile: