workout routines

Options
HIIIIII!!!! I AM NOT REALLY NEW TO FITNSSPAL.....AND LOVE IT!! I LOVE GOING TO THE GYM AND WORKING OUT....BUT TEND TO GET TIRED OF THE SAME ROUTINE.....SO I LOVE CHALLENGING MYSELF TO NEW THINGS. I WAS WONDERING SOME PEOPLES WORK OUTS FOR THE GYM....THAT I POSSIBLY COULD TRY OUT. CURRENTLY I DO ABOUT AN HOUR OR MORE OF CARDIO AS WELL AS MACHINES....I AM HORRIBLE AT THE ELLIPTICAL...AND I AM EXTREMELY BORED WIHT THE TREADMILL.....I DO A ZUMBA CLASS ABOUT 3 TO 4 TIMES A WEEK.....

PLEASE CHALLENGE ME.....I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

THANK YOU!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Start doing some strength training instead of the same boring cardio. A good beginner's program is the new rules of lifting for women or check out the second link in my signature.
  • Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You want a challenge you say. Here is a simple one, do your cardio outside. I like you got stale in the gym many years ago. I no longer do cardio in the gym. Granted i live in paradise but we do get rain and wind sometimes and cold when the wind is blowing in the winter but this goes for wherever i go on business or personal travel. I have found that i absolutely love running in the rain. No matter the weather it only takes a little practice to learn to dress accordingly. By getting out, running, biking, climbing hills etc you will find you burn more calories and may just find a new appreciation for nature that you had not previously known.
  • Rickie_Raver
    Rickie_Raver Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I switch my cardio up with swiming every other day :)
  • mzkasey3
    Options
    I HAVE DONE CARDIO OUTSIDE....CURRENTLY WHERE I LIVE IT GETS TO BE ABOUT 90 DEGREES @ 8AM....NOT THE FUNNEST WORK OUT WEATHER.....BUT I DO AGREE WORKING OUTSIDE IS MORE FOR FUN THE A STALE GYM....BUT I DO LOVE MY ZUMBA CLASSES.....THAT IS A MAJORITY OF MY CARDIO DURING THE WEEK....I MAINLY WANT STRENGTH TRAINING WORKOUTS....
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with your topic, but caplocks is generally internet speak for yelling. My mental voice for reading is screaming when I read your post- no likey.
  • Ifican
    Ifican Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lots of great info for workouts on the interwebs but the biggest takeaway you can have it never do the same routing twice in a row. Now not to get into a debate that cannot be won no matter what side you are on. You will do your body good by doing anything however i believe you do the most good by constantly mixing it up and that can be as complicated or simple as you want to make it. On the complicated find 3-5 different movements that work the same muscle groupings, that can get tough to do so i like to use occasional different movements with continuously variable weights. An example but youll get the point, take your standard bench press. Have 3 different weights 1 for super slow, regular and faster than normal. 3 different ways to use the same motion to work the body differently. Times are going to be different for everyone but super slow i like to keep in the 20 second per rep range (10 down 10), regular 2 second rep and fast 1-1.5. You can do this with any exercise its keeps staleness at bay and promotes muscle fiber adaptation.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    add some strength training
    run , jog or walk outside
    hit the heavy bag
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with your topic, but caplocks is generally internet speak for yelling. My mental voice for reading is screaming when I read your post- no likey.

thank you I was also going to post similar to yours