Holiday break

Options
Hi. What do people do when on holiday. I have stuck at this for 6 months now and go on holiday in a few weeks. I don't really want to be logging calories when away but then I don't want to break my months of recording calories.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and drink what I want and get back to logging and my deficit when I'm back home.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I practice my estimation skills and am mindful of my intake but also enjoy the holiday foods.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I log and eat normally (for my weight loss journey) most of the holiday, with likely a few meals here and there where i "estimate" or "don't log".

you have to decide where you are at in your journey and how much you are willing to let loose. I am not able to properly guess or manage when I don't log so I don' want to slip a week or more of logging, but that is just where I am at in MY journey.
  • JulesBooth
    JulesBooth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On holiday before I put my phone away in the hotel safe and ignore the outside world. I like to be able to just switch off from the internet etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I logged, I would just enjoy myself on vacations...not to say I went crazy or anything...I always figured it was good practice for my "real life" when I wouldn't be logging anymore (haven't in over 5 years). I never paid any mind to log in streaks or logging streaks or anything like that...I never found any great meaning in that kind of stuff.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I try to make sensible choices but lock my phone away and just enjoy my holiday. I accept that I will probably gain a few pounds and just get back on track as soon as I get home. It is surprising how quickly any extra pounds come off.
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink, enjoy, and come back to my deficit later. No reason to deny myself a short break to enjoy my vacation, I'm not going to gain much fat over the course of 1-2 weeks.
  • JulesBooth
    JulesBooth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank u for your replies. My way of eating has totally changed and not drinking alcohol now so I know what I need to do to keep on track with the calories etc. It just becomes a way of life logging everything I eat or drink so I'm sure 2 weeks off will not do any harm. After the last 9 months my partner and I certainly need to be selfish and have some "us" time.