Green Tea questions

So, I do not like the taste of green tea, but wonder if I should drink a cup everyday anyway. I can hold my nose and gulp it down lol. I do that with coffee, which I drink only for the caffiene lol. But what Im wondering is.......are the benefits really worth it? Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with green tea. Also does it matter what kind of green tea it is? Can it just be from the grocery store? Also, I wonder if green tea supplements work just as well as drinking it? Probably not?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    So, I do not like the taste of green tea, but wonder if I should drink a cup everyday anyway. I can hold my nose and gulp it down lol. I do that with coffee, which I drink only for the caffiene lol. But what Im wondering is.......are the benefits really worth it? Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with green tea. Also does it matter what kind of green tea it is? Can it just be from the grocery store? Also, I wonder if green tea supplements work just as well as drinking it? Probably not?

The benefits you're likely thinking of don't actually exist...

The greatest benefit of green tea is that it is full of antioxidants...so is coffee and lots of other things.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    If I read the OP correctly the statement was for coffee she admits she holds her nose and gulps it down. And is wondering if green tea is worth doing the same as well??? Um no? There are so many options out there to drink, make it something you enjoy, not something you feel you must drink for some type of punishment. If you do not like coffee there are other things that have caffeine in them. What great benefit do you think the green tea is supposed to have that you need? I enjoy green tea both hot and iced here and there. And love coffee.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    If you're looking for the boost without the long drinking process, there are green tea energy shots. You can get your caffeine and antioxidents in a quick gulp.

Personally, I love green tea (most tea) and coffee (I roast my own). Sitting and relaxing with a cuppa is the biggest benefit! :smiley:
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    You can always soak your toes in it.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Thank u all for your responses. I learned from u guys that it isnt neccessary to torture myself with something I cant stand. That there r supplements and tea shots if I want. That coffee has antioxidants, which makes sense. Just never researched coffee other than it contains caffeine. That it doesnt really aid all that much in weightloss even though I read it online all over that it does. See, that is why I like to hear from others. Hard to know if what I read is even true about nutrition. So, thanks for setting me straight.

Blessings all
    I appreciate u all taking time to comment :)
  • Sandytoes71
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

Ohhh, will that make me lose weight then??! Ive been doing it all wrong! 😂😂😁😁 LOL!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    If you don't like the taste of it, it's not worth doing anything with it. It has nutrients you can get elsewhere.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Ohhh, will that make me lose weight then??! Ive been doing it all wrong! 😂😂😁😁 LOL!

Well, if you want to lose weight in your toes...
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

Well, if you want to lose weight in your toes...

Or wash the sand off 😂😂
  • Sandytoes71
    Lol, yall r nuts lol. Actually my toes r the only things that arent large :D
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    My mom's silent reflux is aggravated by tea so she gets caffeine from caffeine pills like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U0DL5O2