I want some help

Options
Well i dont know wether i should eat the calories i burn to lose weight can anyone help?

Replies

• Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat them, that's why MFP adds them to your allowed calories for the day.
  • mpsalafia93
    mpsalafia93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best advice : Clean eating!, just try it out for at least a week. Although yoyu'll prbly fall in love and want to keep going.

Google "the clean eat diet", look up some recipes & try out some simple ones! I promise if you can commit to it, it'll work!
    That paired with exersise is the answer!
  • LoseItJourney
    LoseItJourney Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    most people say YES.

So your still reaching your intake of calorie goal.

Although, if your wanting to lose weight, make sure there is a deficit !

So, the total amount burned ( working out + naturally ) minus your calorie intake should = a positive number for weight loss.

Example: Burned = 2500 and Intake = 2000 Then you would have a 500 calorie burn for the day which
    500 x7 days = 3500 calories = 1 pound weight loss per week.
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    Guys but i went to a site and checked my BMR and it says that i should eat atleast 1364 cals a day to lose weight so what should i do?
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you're supposed to eat back your calories because MFP already takes into consideration you're BMR (how many calories you need for your body to function) then it tells you to eat less and that's the number you see on your profile. The deficit is built in. if you don't eat back your calories you risk going into starvation mode.
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    See that's my problem I can't eat back all my exercise calories back, especially today I burned 600 calories, so that brings me up to almost 2200 calories to eat- I can't eat that much food
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    i dont get it
    ok see i normally eat 1200 cals a day and i burn 400 cals
    after eating 1200 cals i dont eat anything and im so not losing weight so what do i do?
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    see thats why im not losing weight cuz im eating less cals
    well thnx guys
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink your water. I was in the same boat, and when I made sure I was drinking at least my 8 classes of water, I dropped 2.5 pounds. Try it.
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    i drink 10 bottles of water a day XD
  • cthigpen
    cthigpen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. After exercising today it bumped my 1200cal diet up to over 2000cals. I have managed to eat 1304 cals. and that's good for me. I'm just not hungry and I couldn't eat 2000cals unless I ate something unhealthy. What do I do?
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    exaclty even i can consume upto 1400 thats it