Snacks

Options
Any good low calorie snack suggestions?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie snacks packs- I have to have portion control.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    String cheese, pears and grapes are also in season right now, Greek yogurt
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Here's some lower calories snacks that I often eat:
    Yogurt (100 calories)
    Pudding cup (100 calories)
    Applesauce/fruit cup (80 calories)
    Vanilla ice cream (130 calories)
    Rice Krispie Treat (90 calories)
    Granola bar (100 calories)
    Strawberries/apples/grapes/melon
    String Cheese (80 calories)
    Boiled Egg (80 calories)
    Beef Jerky (80 calories)
    Eggs and bacon (200 calories)
    Pretzels with laughing cow cheese dip (150 calories)
    Tortilla chips and salsa (170 calories)
    Smartfood Popcorn (160 calories)
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Jell-O Sugar Free Pudding in the refrigerated section... only 60 calories with a half Tablespoon of Natural Creamy PB mixed in... 45 calories for a total of 105 calories.

Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Muffins Just 3 ingredients... 1 box of Spice Cake Mix, 1 Can of Pure Pumpkin and 60 grams of mini semi sweet choc chips. ~ approx 175 calories a muffin

Dannon Fit & Light Yogurt (love the new Pumpkin Pie flavor that is out, also the Apple Pie, Banana, Toasted Coconut and Blueberry are all good) Only 80 calories with 12 grams of protein and just 7 grams of sugar. I add 5 grams of Kind Peanut Butter Yogurt to add a little crunch... that is an additional 20 calories... so total is 100 calories

Breyers Delights - Chocolate Mini Pint, 1 mini pint 5 grams of protein and 6 grams of sugar ~ only 70 calories

Thomas Multigrain Light English Muffin at 8 grams of Fiber and 5 protein... these are just 100 calories. I slice these into, toast and top with half a Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter for an additional 45 calories. Total 145 calories for a filling and healthy quick snack. I often have this as part of my breakfast actually.

Orville Redenbacher's - Smart Pop 100 Calorie Kettle Corn Popcorn... it's a smaller bag (about half the size of your standard microwavable bag... but plenty to be satisfying and filling. Just 100 calories.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Following
  • feelinglucky5
    feelinglucky5 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Today I had sliced baby cucumber with Trader Joe pineapple peach salsa. It was so good! Very low cal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Depending on your stats, what one person considers to be a low calorie snack might not meet your definition of "low calorie." How many calories are you looking for in your snacks?
  • Marycatherinee9672
    Options
    Veggie Chips, Smoothies, Daiya, dairy free snacks! Cliff Bars, homemade popsicle's, fruit, dried fruit and Tofuti ice cream! Bai water
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Blueberries + Low fat yogurt.

Watermelon
  • Mykatet
    Mykatet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Smart popcorn is my go to. It is only 100 calories
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    If I’m hungry, I really like the Fage 2% yogurt (the ones in individual cups), and I mix in pumpkin pie hummus (sounds weird, I know... but tastes like pumpkin pie, legit). The tartness of the yogurt and the sweetness of the “pumpkin pie” really mesh well together, plus it’s super high in filling protein. I also love those Quest cereal bars. I always carry a whole box in my car, I’ve eaten those for emergency I need food now snacks so many times. Also can’t beat just a simple piece of fruit. I’ve been really enjoying honeycrisp apples lately

..... 😳 yoghurt and hummus?!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I noticed my snack cravings dropped quite a bit when I increased my calories at breakfast and lunch.

So, my snacks are usually the rest of whatever I didn’t eat as planned at breakfast or lunch.

Ex: typical breakfast is 400-500 calories of a macro-balanced combo of some of these : eggs, oatmeal , greens , yogurt, fruit.

I will sometimes split that into two eating events and save the yogurt/fruit for the snack that answers the desire for a sweet fix.

If I eat all of that in one sitting, I don’t find myself as much craving a fix that a glass of water doesn’t take care of.

Good luck and good fitness to us all!
    Amyfb
  • rainycs65
    rainycs65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    following....
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    If I’m hungry, I really like the Fage 2% yogurt (the ones in individual cups), and I mix in pumpkin pie hummus (sounds weird, I know... but tastes like pumpkin pie, legit). The tartness of the yogurt and the sweetness of the “pumpkin pie” really mesh well together, plus it’s super high in filling protein. I also love those Quest cereal bars. I always carry a whole box in my car, I’ve eaten those for emergency I need food now snacks so many times. Also can’t beat just a simple piece of fruit. I’ve been really enjoying honeycrisp apples lately

..... 😳 yoghurt and hummus?!

Pumpkin pie hummus sounds like one of those newer "dessert hummus" options. They're sweet and don't have much in common with traditional hummus.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    100 calorie mini popcorn bags. It's a lot of volume for 100 calories and you can eat the whole bag
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It could be anything in the right portion size. I generally have 100-300 calories for snacks.
    Hard boiled egg or deviled egg
    Pickles
    Cucumber, carrot, tomato broccoli, celery, etc
    Apple, orange, banana, berries, etc
    Cheese
    Granola bar, protein bar
    Pretzels
    Yogurt
    Cottage cheeese
    Popcorn
    Hummus and veggies
    1-2 small cookies, cupcake or muffin