I walk for 2 mins every day. Is that good or should I do better?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm training to ride a metric quarter century on the bike. Does anyone have any idea how I can fuel for that?

25 metres? I think that calls for a Big Mac and fries. :tongue:
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'm training to ride a metric quarter century on the bike. Does anyone have any idea how I can fuel for that?

Beer and rolled tacos.

I think I better eat both of these suggestions, you know, to play it safe.
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Corn syrup - preferably maple flavored.

Bacon flavored* FIFY
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    25 metric years. How long is that in America time?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    cnethaway1 wrote: »
    I walk for 2 mins every day. Is that good or should I do better? I feel like I could do more exercise.

:lol:

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Do some Prancercise and really feel the burn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

🤣😂🤣😂😁😂🤣🤪🤲
  • MattO229
    MattO229 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NHS England recommends: Guidelines for adults aged 19 to 64
    To stay healthy, adults aged 19 to 64 should try to be active daily and should do:

at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity such as cycling or brisk walking every week and
    strength exercises on 2 or more days a week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms)
    Or:

75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity such as running or a game of singles tennis every week and
    strength exercises on 2 or more days a week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms)
    Or:

a mix of moderate and vigorous aerobic activity every week – for example, two 30-minute runs plus 30 minutes of brisk walking equates to 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity and
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You better really load up on carbs for that. :)
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe the typo was 2 miles a day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are actually doing but it is pretty normal to gradually increase your time, steps/distance. If you feel you can walk more than you are then go ahead and increase by a bit. Don't go from 2 minutes to 2 hours of walking I suppose. Maybe aim for 10-15 minutes of walking if you are doing 2 minutes. When you can do 10-15 minutes maybe start aiming for 30 minutes.
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    2 minutes every day? You should incorporate a rest day. Your body needs time to heal/recover.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Good job, guys. If OP was serious, they sure as hell aren't coming back to this post.

They got a serious answer two answers in. The rest is just in fun. :p
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Good job, guys. If OP was serious, they sure as hell aren't coming back to this post.

They got a serious answer two answers in. The rest is just in fun. :p

Fun for whom, exactly?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    WTG!