Saxenda advice

Options
Just looking for advice tips, positives negatives?
Just injected 1st dose. Somewhat nervous.
Think I need to put my mind at rest.
Thank you for any help or advice

Replies

• JJamaicanEmpress
    JJamaicanEmpress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just took my first dosage. How are you feeling? Any side effects?
  • jderoz
    jderoz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For the first week, i felt off, had sore muscles and trouble sleeping. Constipation sets in soon so be ready for that one. Otherwise all good
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. What is it?
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of folk.no patience
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Some more background: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-saxenda-the-new-b_b_7103932

"One-year studies show that over 60 percent of people using Saxenda had a 5 percent reduction in weight while trying to lose weight, as opposed to 34 percent taking a placebo. Thirty-one percent taking Saxenda lost more than 10 percent of their weight."

I'm not a math person but 5% in a year isn't much to shout about right especially if you are trying to lose weight AND taking this medication?
  • leslilpitchford
    leslilpitchford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started taking Saxenda 3 doses ago. I am logging my food. I have tried virtually every other thing out there. None of them seem to address MY issue. I eat when I am not hungry and the cravings were always there - so, those other options didn't really work for me because they took away my hunger. What do you do when you constantly eat although you are NOT hungry. I am currently experiencing a feeling of FULL since being on Saxenda and I also feel that it has helped take away most if not all of my preoccupations with food. I haven't experienced any negative symptoms - yet. I am excited about the difference between this and all the others I have tried. I say what ever works for you - go for it.
  • edyedehart
    edyedehart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you if it works lot of negative concerning medicine, no one should judge you for taking it
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I got ill a few years ago and had to inject myself with Clexane and it wasn't fun.

I couldn't imagine committing to injecting myself for the rest of my life to control my weight.