Replies

• _azhialin
    _azhialin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’m a big advocate of therapy. It can be a huge help in improving your mental health. Even just going once a month can make a big difference.

I try to make sure to build in time for self-care into my schedule. It’s important to make the time to take care of you! So I will schedule in an hour for doing the things that help me de-stress - reading, coloring, journaling, just listening to music.

Keeping my apartment clean also helps me feel less stressed. I love coming home to a clean space I feel I can relax in.

Yoga is also helpful and so is all of my exercise! Going for a walk or getting in a quick 10-15 minutes of yoga can help me shake off some of my anxiety.

And getting enough sleep is also important. I used to stay up so late every night and would operate on 5ish hours of sleep every day. Now I try to get 8 hours a night and feel a lot better!
  • phatdopeness
    phatdopeness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take medications for my mental health. I am in a way glad for the medication side effects. They made me gain weight. I was diagnosed anorexic. I don't look it because of the medications. Jesus is looking out for me. Things could be a lot worse.
  • notarunnermfp
    notarunnermfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with depression on and off, but the past year got really bad after a chronic injury. I finally started talking to my family about it and asked my doctor about medication. I have been on medication for about 4 weeks now and I wish I had done it sooner!
    I still have chronic pain from the injury, but I have been getting back to the gym to do what I can, eating and sleeping better. I am looking forward to the holidays.
    Some things I've done to help- spending time with family, walking with a friend 1-2 times a week, took a painting class with a friend. Even if I didn't feel like doing other things, it helped to always keep those special 'appointments'.