Meal plan - Lactose intolerant

Options
Does anyone have a meal plan or template that's easy to follow for lactose intolerance? I'm 5ft11 55kg looking to gain healthy weight
Thanks

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just skip dairy. Lean meats, fruits, veggies, starches.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I hope are not simply going lactose free, I fear you've been diagnosed as lactose intolerant. Avoiding foods because they might be a problem can deprive you of essential nutrition especially with Dairy intolerances. I speak as someone who is Casein intolerant. If you want to use processed foods you will need to read the labels but this is not necessarily reliable. The best way to avoid milk products is to cater for yourself. I suppose it is possible to find lactose free milk, I've not seen a casein free version, yet this is the most frequent intolerance. Another possibility could be to find one of the many digestive enzyme products which cover lactose because most of us with intolerances, as apposed to those with a full blown allergy, lack the required enzyme to digest the substance.

Best of luck, I'm so sorry you have to joint the world of intolerances and I truly hope you do not acquire others.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    My wife thought she was lactose intolerant until we learned later on that it was really she was intolerant to A2/A1 cow dairy. She can now do lactose in goat, sheep and A2/A2 dairy without a reaction of any sort.

If it's truly just a lactose intolerance issue, whey protein should be OK. So should ghee, but everything else that has lactose (milk, cream, butter, cheese, curds) should be avoided. Basically any milk solids.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerance occurs because your body doesn't produce the lactase enzyme that is required to digest milk. So you supplement with lactase (it comes in an itsy bitsy pill) and you're good to go.