Need motivation and support!!!

Options
I am struggling with my weight and I am going to be 50yrs old in 26 days.I have struggled with my weight since I was 9 years old and I reached my all time high of 330 pounds and I only have lost 12 lbs I have been seeing a dietican for about 2years and can not for some reason can't lose need friends for advice

Replies

• feelinglucky5
    feelinglucky5 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’m sorry you are struggling. Congratulations on losing 12 lbs! That’s a victory. I’ve been a compulsive dieter since 14, I’m now 45. I look back and think about all the years I spent hating my body and myself for not reaching my goal of the perfect body. It’s so sad to me. I’ve been working on self love and being more loving and understanding with myself. I also
    Purchased the Beck Diet solution cds and workbook so that I can learn new coping skills and habits. Beck is a cognitive therapist that devised a program to get us thinking differently and redirect our thoughts to More positive supportive thoughts.

For me emotional eating plays such a huge part in my weight gains. I think once I learn new ways f coping I’ll have a better handle on things. I have noticed a small improvement since I started the work.maybe this is something you might like to explore and see if it resonates with you.

All the best to you on your journey ❤️
  • Hutchkate88
    Hutchkate88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey all i been strugglings with my weight my whole life i almost go up & down for me emotional eating is apart of it i just need a support that i dont have at all