Impatient maybe?

Options
I know I am very impatient when it comes to weight loss.. I’m that person that get discouraged when they don’t see results after a week haha. But I understand that’s not realistic, and am dedicated now even without immediate results. Regardless, I’m wondering if any of you were able to see results after a month of healthy diet and exercise? I know a month isn’t a ton of time and everyone is deferent but just for some motivation/ knowing what to expect.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you want to lose? Your height? Are you close to goal weight?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A month of a healthy diet? Or a month in a calorie deficit? Those aren’t exactly the same thing. A month in a proper calorie deficit would have an impact but noticeable to the naked eye maybe.. 3 months and yes absolutely
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Take pictures. In a month, I can't see the different in the mirror, but the pictures tell a different story. As above, it will depend on what your goal is. I find it also depends on how diligent and consistent I'm being. Results reflect the effort.
  • TiffanyLoveG
    TiffanyLoveG Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you want to lose? Your height? Are you close to goal weight?

Hi there 😊 I’m trying to lose about 30/40 pounds (long term goal) I’m 5’2 and I weight about 160. I’m now in a calorie deficit eating 1200 calories and I workout everyday. Scale is decreasing but of course seeing the difference will take time I’m learning.

• TiffanyLoveG
    Options
    wren176 wrote: »
    I started 8 weeks ago at 254.6 pounds and I’m currently at 215 pounds. That’s 39 pounds in two months just doing a low carb diet. I’m having issues with my knees so I haven’t been very active I’m just watching my diet close.

Wow, those are great results! Good job, keep it up!
  • TiffanyLoveG
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    A month of a healthy diet? Or a month in a calorie deficit? Those aren’t exactly the same thing. A month in a proper calorie deficit would have an impact but noticeable to the naked eye maybe.. 3 months and yes absolutely

Yes in a calorie deficit. I’m eating 1200 a day, still clean eating though, along with exercise!
  • BreezyWerner
    BreezyWerner Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 pounds in four and a half months. Calorie deficit with working out six days a week, including weights three of those days. I have 17 more to go. I didn’t see visible differences after a month. But what I did notice is that I felt tons better. I was able to move around easier. I felt healthier. My attitude and mood were better. Now, most all my friends have noticed a huge change in my appearance.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My first month of diet and exercise I lost 9 lbs. And a total of 6.5 inches. I’m almost at the end of month 2 and have lost almost 6 more lbs for a total of 15 lbs. I like seeing the numbers on the scale and my tape measurer go down but when I look in the mirror I don’t actually see the results yet. It seems I have to be even more patient for that.

Just keep going with it. If you are making the right choices, eventually you will see the change. If you give up you never will.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!