Drinking the Kool-aid

Options
Greetings all. I made a huge decision and joined my local crossfit. I've had my first two fundamental lessons, and already I can't wait to go back. Today's lesson was upper body. At first I was really intimidated by the push jerk and the split jerk but after I proved to myself that I can do them (only at 25lbs right now), I was totally hooked.

I think I left with a cheesy grin on my face :laugh:

My next lesson is Monday, waiting so long because my first 5k is this Saturday.

So, I've started drinking the crossfit kool-aid. I'm a total newbie but I love how I feel when I go and I love how I feel when I leave.

I'm just looking for friends who are also crossfit members so I can share this experience and continue to feel great about the process.

Thanks.
Jenn

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I find it a nice change up from my usual swim/bike/run workouts... Although at some point I will have to drop it to focus on just my races.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued yet afraid of tasting the Cross-fit KoolAid! I just know I would be like you, loving the discovery of what your body can do. Enjoy yourself!
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    These first few days have left me feeling better than running has so far. I'm hoping the feeling doesn't fade because I rode the high from my first lesson for 2 days. Hope this one is the same.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm intrigued yet afraid of tasting the Cross-fit KoolAid! I just know I would be like you, loving the discovery of what your body can do. Enjoy yourself!

I was afraid too but the people at the box I go to are wonderful! I emailed the two in town to see what they would say and I could tell from the email that they would be great to work with. Maybe try out the free Saturday session. A lot of crossfits offer it.
  • MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    what is crossfit kool-aid and wher do you get it?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    what is crossfit kool-aid and wher do you get it?

The Mast General Store has it in seven flavors.