Hello everyone

Options
Hello I am here hoping to find some support and new ideas for weight loss and hopefully meet some new friends. I never had to diet when I was young now 3 kids later and just pure laziness now I need to loose about 50 pounds and am looking for what ever help that I can find

Replies

• ShannonMHS
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new too ... this is a great program and a great way to connect with others that have the same struggles. :wink:
  • navymom8690
    navymom8690 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Pamela and I am new to this. My goal is to loose 85 pounds but more then that is to be healthly. I have 2 grown children and my husband just retired for the Navy after 28 years. So now we are back in our hometown. If anyone would like to add be I could use all the help and advice that anyone could give.
  • rexharris
    Options
    Hi ladies and welcome to MFP. The best way to get started is to determine your daily calorie requirements with no activity. This will tell you what your body is burning on it's own. For example... after you have added your numbers (height, weight, age) into the system let's say it comes back saying your daily calorie consumption to maintain with no activity (sedentary) is 1500 calories. To lose weight then you would need to eat less than 1500 calories. If you want to lose more weight then you add in exercise to burn more.

It's a good idea to increase your water and vegetable intake. Doing this will keep you from feeling hungry all of the time especially at night when the cravings hit.

Anything else I can help with, let me know. Feel free to add me as a friend here.

Cheers!

Rex