Injury city

Options
Hey everyone, so the past couple weeks I have managed to first get a huge blister on my foot get infected and I have not been able to walk on it, and then as soon as that healed up, I broke my tailbone. So I have not been exercising and it is driving me crazy and making me feel very fat and lazy. Any advice or maybe even exercises I can do without hurting my tailbone?

Replies

• UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one because I imagine nearly anything would cause pain, including cycling and swimming. Just treat yourself well. Maybe walks??
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Ouch! To both injuries. Sorry you're dealing with that and I hate to be unhelpful, but I'd definitely suggest asking your doctor what you can and can't do and if they don't know (or just say do nothing) ask for a referral to a physical therapist. They'd had more knowledge about this and should be able to help.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Ugh...that tailbone injury. Sorry you're dealing with that. I cracked mine in seventh grade so (1987) and it hurt for a couple years. And then intermittently for the next 15 or so. I second a physical therapist to see what you can do. I didn't have any special treatment or therapy at that time; just a cushion that I carried everywhere. Those wooden desks were killer.

I wish you a speedy recovery.