Are you addicted to peanut butter? If so, this is the support group for you!

Options

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for a PB & J or a PB & banana sandwich, but I find it hard not to put like 12 servings of PB on that sort of thing, so I try to instead use PB where I get more bang for the tablespoon. I like to fry an egg, toast an english muffin, then put the egg on half the muffin and eat that, then one serving of PB on the last half to eat for "breakfast dessert". This works even better with some bacon and a cup of coffee. I stir half a serving of PB into hot oatmeal, the taste/texture really comes through even with the small amount. PB smeared on apple slices. And some nights, I weigh out a serving of PB on a spoon, and just bring the loaded spoon back to the couch with me.

I wish I could do that I put PB in my porridge I can hardly taste it yet 30g spread of two thins is perfect :/
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    clynds wrote: »
    Peanut butter on toast with sliced banana is my go to. And, I can't buy the peanut butter cups at halloween. TOOOOO DANGEROUS! Lol.

The holiday shapes are the best. Pumpkins, trees, eggs... All of them have a better PB to chocolate ratio than the cups (especially the mini cups - really, why even bother!?) :tongue:

This is dangerous information. Thank you, not thank you... not sure. ha ha.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter lovers are also enablers. 😬
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I love peanut butter as well and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cup of coffee is my favorite breakfast. Also, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my weakness; I could eat them until I'm ill.

I've been sitting here thinking that I'll need to be careful tomorrow night when we hand out candy for the trick-or-treater's (Halloween). My wife bought some kind of chocolate and peanut butter covered pretzels to hand out and I'll be sorely tempted to eat them as I'm handing them out.

hang on - that's a thing? that one can buy? why have I never seen these.... (like in Halloween candy sorta packagging obviously I know you can buy choco covered pretzels...)

They have pb pretzels year round but you can find them more prominently displayed for Halloween in small packages for handing out. Some are Reese's dipped some just PB.
    x93h5d43ct2t.png

I have not seen these! will keep my eyes out. i like halloween sizes for portion control ;)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    clynds wrote: »
    Peanut butter on toast with sliced banana is my go to. And, I can't buy the peanut butter cups at halloween. TOOOOO DANGEROUS! Lol.

The holiday shapes are the best. Pumpkins, trees, eggs... All of them have a better PB to chocolate ratio than the cups (especially the mini cups - really, why even bother!?) :tongue:

yes!
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I never ate peanut butter as a child; I don't know why, but we only had plain jam or jelly sandwiches. We only used peanut butter for making peanut butter cookies. I don't remember giving my children peanut butter and jelly sandwiches either, but we always had it in the house, to make cookies. I discovered the sensory and tasty delight as a Senior, introduced to it by my Grandson. Now, it's a problem, because I really love crunchy peanut butter on whole wheat crackers with a touch of jam or jelly. I can also eat it by the spoonful! But I log it!
  • Allie1618
    Allie1618 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cream cheese fat bombs.
    Peanut butter banana smoothies.
    Yes on the Reese’s Christmas trees, but we call them Christmas poo because they really don’t look like trees. Any South Park fans know what I mean?
  • kami3006
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Allie1618 wrote: »
    Peanut butter cream cheese fat bombs.
    Peanut butter banana smoothies.
    Yes on the Reese’s Christmas trees, but we call them Christmas poo because they really don’t look like trees. Any South Park fans know what I mean?

When I finish making Christmas candy, my husband and I make Mr. Hankeys with the remaining chocolate.
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just look forward to when I’m attempting to bulk
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on english muffin almost everyday. I'm addicted to peanut butter!!!
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and apples is my favorite snack but I love peanut butter anything!
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is peanut butter and banana on toast. It's my special weekend treat, as a serving of peanut butter is otherwise totally sad, and I really, really have to watch it not to overdo it. A big spoonful of peanut butter stirred into a vanilla yoghurt is my favorite dip for apples, but oh god, the calories! Strangely enough, I don't really like Reese's peanut butter cups. Somehow, they taste weird. I do love Reese's pieces, though. Fortunately, we don't get them here in Germany.
  • clynds
    clynds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fellow peanut butter junkies please add me to your friend list :)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow Fluff is dangerous in my house along with PB. My wife always wants me to make Candy Cane Fudge for Xmas and then, on top of that, she goes out and buys too many dang jars of Marshmallow Fluff. Now what the heck is a PB lover like me supposed to do with that temptation??

If I buy non "honey" PB and keep bread out of the house, as well as grape jelly, I'm safe most of the time. I do go hard on the PB on days I eat Vegan and lift/row too intensely and don't have enough protein. I find having a Vegan Protein drink for lunch staves off that PB night time binge. Also the Powered PB protein drinks help at lunch on occasion.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm peanut butter. I eat some pretty much every day.
  • kami3006
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I just went through a several month peanut butter binge. I just couldn't stop. I'm all better now. I'm back to weighing every bit that goes in my mouth. Last month was zucchini season and I found a peanut butter zucchini bread with peanut butter chips that was amazing. It's hidden in the freezer now.

Peanut butter zucchini bread sounds wonderful. I only eat zucchini bread when my in-laws come to visit as she loves to make us a ton of baked goods and that's my husband's favorite. I may have to make some pb infused loaves though.

My weirdo husband does NOT like pb (what an embarrassing :| thing to admit) so that will be more for me.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    For a while it seemed like I couldn't get enough PB. Either by the spoonful, or on rice cakes. I was buying JIF with added sugar because it spreads nicer than the other. I wanted to stop - so I tried the PB2 for a while. But, came to the conclusion that it wasn't as good as real PB.

NOW I've gone back to the natural - peanuts only PB - which you have to stir - unless you refrigerate. I also bought other nut/seed butters. Almond, cashew, sunflower. With the variety, I find that I no longer go for the PB all the time. Which I'm glad. And, I also get regular nuts like almonds, walnuts to eat so I don't always want the spreadables.
  • thompsjared
    thompsjared Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB Fit??? It’s powdered PB and it’s amazing! I put it in dang near everything. Protein shake, yogurt, cereal, etc...

You can buy it at Costco I believe and a tablespoon is only 35 cals! Try it out.