I'm new to Zumba

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal. I received my Zumba videos in the mail today. I'm excited and anxious. I was wondering if any of you tired or is doing zumba? If so how was the experience?, your results and did you lose weight?

Replies

• Adrian1982
    Options
    Zumba is alot of fun. I really enjoy it.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    if you have ever seen me on the boards, you would know i am a zumba queen. I am addicted to it. because of zumba, i have hit my goal and stayed there. i lost 20 pounds in 5 or so months(i hit my goal) and am very toned now. I personally love it. I look forward to doing it everyday. Only problem I have with it is deciding which dvd i am going to do that day:) good luck.
  • motherofthepack
    Options
    I have taken a few Zumba classes and loved them I am looking at getting the dvds too here in a week or so. I have heard that people have had really good results with Zumba and I think it is because it is so fun that you actually do it and that is half the problem well at least for me. GOOD LUCK!
  • abahzee
    abahzee Posts: 11
    Options
    Just keep your sense of humor! It was a real hoot the first few times. I felt so uncoordinated - but kept moving all the while. Not sure if I burned more calories trying to keep up or laughing at myself. Stick with it and you will get it eventually. Enjoy!
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba since may and have seen some great results. the dvds are fun!!! Hope you like them!
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    I take Zumba class and I love it. The weight is coming off! Hope you enjoy it!
  • keepthefaith1
    Options
    zumba becomes very addictive, i also love it ..i used to go 3 times a week and felt like it wasnt enough...now with my work scheduale i cannot go as much. my teachr is awesome , it really is like a party! sexy moves,great music,burn 1000calories a class!!! i encourage you to really go for it!
  • ninacoffey2
    Options
    I am a Zumba Addict! and actually got the Xbox Kinect system just so that I could do Zumba at home :) it's GREAT! It's SUPER fun!!! The exercise just flies by, and it's an amazing high intensity cardio work out! You will greatly enjoy yourself :)
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVDs last year and have been doing it for 16 months now. I've lost 84 lbs doing it!! I love it and never get sick of it. Good luck :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I take a class once a week
  • Jayfitness27
    Options
    Speaking as an instructor of Zumba,

I used to be like many of you who suffered everyday trying to get through then i found zumba and thought ...."I love to dance and I love to exercise" so i signed up a year later I found myself at -50lbs from what i was back then around 229lbs and now i am down to about 179-183 range from time to time... but usually at the highest only 186... I fluxuated for while when i stopped the system and then I became a trainer because of my experience within the class itself, my instructor at the time "Jeannette Cardozo" an angel in heaven to me motivated me to become a trainer for the zumba revolution and well although i am still trying to get recertified it is the best system out there... I have taught Cumbia, reggaton, salsa, e.t.c. and took ballroom dance lessons when i was a late teen and all i can say is most steps are about 8 counts so if you do cumbia's basic move

!
    !

!
    !

usually your right foot is always first and you do the back and forth count up to 8 and then switch add arms if you feel exotic but its a basic step that helps... I really enjoy zumba and once my finances are in order I am putting on my cardigan again and getting back into the groove!
  • elgrantham1
    elgrantham1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Zumba!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    love zumba! i go several times a week.. now our instructor just got certified in zumba toning... so excited. not only have i lost weight, size and gained muscle..but my balance is much better.. i didn't relize how off my balance was...

have fun!

karylee
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes Love Love Love Zumba!!! I have been doing mfp and zumba for 45 days now and i have lost 7 pounds and 2 inches off my waist and slimming my tummy down i had a daughter may 2010 and had a c-section and so i put on weight after having her and zumba has been great and its the only thing i found that has worked and not killed my stomach i started out doing it 3 times a week but i got addicted as well and now i do it 5 times a week, like some have said at first u are a little uncoordinated but its ok cause theres no way you can be like the dancers on the dvds when you start out, but just like one women said you will laugh your butt off your first few times doing it so either way you are burning your calories lol..... Good luck and have fun losing weight and getting into shape....
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba (as is obvious from the fact that all of my pictures on MFP are Zumba class pics! I take Zumba class in person 4 times a week. The DVDs are fun, but I find I put more effort into it when there are other people around...tougher to slack off or stop moving! On average I burn about 650 calories in a 1 hour Zumba class.

My best friend Alexis is a Zumba instructor. She has three rules.
    1. Leave your inhibitions at the door
    2. Just keep moving
    3. Have fun

That is all!

~Kat
  • mcshell8D
    Options
    thanks everyone :) for motivation. It been a week and half and I love zumba. So far lost 2 pounds and it's great. I'm extremely excited because my college Recreation center is now offering a Zumba class. So I have no excuses
  • mcshell8D
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba now I didn't think it would be so much fun. My family is into Zumba now. Yeah your right at first I was unsure what videos to do first. But I think I getting the hang of things :)
  • mikesnwgirl
    Options
    I take Zuma 3 days a week since May. One day of that is Zumba toning! I totally love it and have seen great results. I've lost 39lbs and 3 pants sizes! I hope to be down anther 25 before christmas. It's is the most fun you will ever have exercising!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am a dancer, ballroom, latin and swing....and I love Zumba because it has dance moves in it. I get bored with regular aerobic classes but because Zumba has the dance moves I don't even realize that I am exercising.....plus the music makes you want to move. You will be a zumba addict before you know it...enjoy!