Ladies, Can you help me get some decent 'support'?

Options
I am on a mission to find a bra that fits well. After losing 80 pounds, (I still have 30-50 to go yet, depending on how I feel as I get into the healthy BMI) I have drastically changed shape, and my clothes obviously don't fit the same as they once did. I went to town one day and spent the day trying to find the perfect fit, but I was not successful. After doing some home measurements, as near as I can tell, I am a size 30G. This doesn't seem to be a popular size. Looks like I will be ordering online.... Does anyone else have a smaller band and big cups? What are some of your favorites that give the support we 'top-heavy' ladies need? I thought maybe if I reached out to some of the rest of you, you would have some ideas so I would have fewer returns. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Allie1618
    Allie1618 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Try Thirdlove, an online store. I wear a 32DD or F and they carry my size. Easy returns also. Department stores rarely have bands smaller than 34, so hard to find a bra.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I loved the wacoal bra at Belk but not the price $65, Belk Dept Store will measure you. I have been going thru the same thing, spent hours in that store. Ended up with a $42 Bali bra but they had buy one get one, it is very supportive though, my hubby kept saying pull those boobs up. I got a 38D and thought I was a 38C. I don't know about bigger cups but they might be able to help you. I feel for you, it is a job.
  • mbmart60
    mbmart60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ugh the dreaded hunt! When I gain they gain. Currently between 32F 34DD as I refuse to buy a larger cup til I lose the 30lbs. I also buy Wacoal. Chantal is also a good brand $$$. A brand that is online is Freya.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I just recently went to Nordstrom’s after having had marginal success at Soma. The lady there not only measured me but showed me the styles that worked with my shape. I was wearing the wrong styles and when I found the right size and the right style, boy did that make a huge difference. Now, they are pricey but at the very least the sizing and styling was free. So you can get a good idea of what you might wear and then go from there.

Good luck!
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I understand what your going through. Needed new bras a while back after loosing 50lbs. Went to Soma from a suggestion from a client. They were very helpful but still had a problem finding something that fit correctly with band and cup size/shape. Purchased one. Went to Victoria’s Secret found another in my “new” size and ordered the colors I wanted online. Still haven’t found a perfect fit yet, but still loosing weight and changing shape. That is the hardest part about finding something to fit as we are still changing!
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a smaller lingerie/specialty bra store and getting a proper fitting. It will be expensive to buy a bra there (think like 80+ dollars) but worthwhile. After that you can go to a site like Bravissimo and buy from there.

I really liked Elomi when I still needed a bigger cup (they shrunk).
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You need to be properly measure by an experienced fitter. I went to Rugby and Peller once you have your size right then you can buy from other places. I've never looked back after 12 years.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I also recommend getting a fitting at a store. Its the only thing that's worked for me. Dillards does it, if you have one nearby.
  • Peregrin72
    Peregrin72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can also get really comfortable custom bras at Decent Exposures. They're pricey, and not as supportive as an underwire bra is, but they'll make just about any size you can think of.

My underwire of choice is Goddess.