Meal Ideas?

Options
I am trying to lose weight, my husband is NOT. So what are some easy meals that are easy to make for one please!

Replies

• maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/2642763

I just made this tonight and am taking it for lunch tomorrow
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    stir fries are quick and easy and make great leftovers for lunch! You could also make things that taste sinful, but that are actually healthy! Lots of herbs and spices make things taste a lot more unhealthy than they are!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I eat exactly the same as my friends apart from the potatoes/pasta/rice. I dont have carbs with dinner, just meat and veg.

So, roast chicken/meat/fish with vegetables and then cook extra potatoes for your husband?

That way you're both eating healthily, just you have less calories :bigsmile:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Omelette: 1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella, 2 TB low sodium salsa, oil pan with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.

Protein Shake: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 TB of PB2 (www.bellplantation.com), 1 TB cocoa powder - YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!

Grill some marinated chicken breasts on the weekend - cut up into strips and portion into ziploc baggies in 3-6 oz portions. Eat on green salads during the week with yogurt based dressing of your choice from Bolthouse Farms. (in refrigerator section near bagged salads)

Snacks: Almonds

Keep lots of veggies around. For dinner have a piece of grilled or baked fish sprinkled with lemon pepper, serve with naked steamed broccoli and baked sweet potato - no butter or sugar, but just a little bit of cinnamon. :)

Saute some squash in a teensy bit of coconut oil. Lightly salt it. Yum!

I like to keep things simple. :)

Forgot Chicken Fajitas:

Cook chicken strips with bell pepper and onion and sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Serve on whole wheat tortilla and top with corn, black beans, shredded lettuce, salsa, a little cheese and plain greek yogurt (sour cream substitute) or whatever.

Delish!
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm super picky but I like to cook myself tuna steaks (great for protein) and mixed green salad with oil and vinegar. I hate cooked vegetables so anything I eat is usually raw. I usually cut up some fruit as a dessert or If I'm feeling daring, eat a smart one caramel sundae or key lime pie.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just make my normal dinners for my family and just eat a portion that fits into my calorie "budget". I don't have the time to cook two meals so I decided I have to make it work for me. However I do try and pick meals that are not loaded with high calories. I love websites like www.food.com where you can see the nutrition information for every recipe and can also search for low calorie recipes. I would try to make it to where you don't feel like you are having to do double the work because it will be easier to give up. Changing your diet is hard enough without adding double meals to it...in my opinion. If you still want to make your own you can still use the above website and just cut recipes in half to fit your needs. Good luck!