Would love some weight loss buddies!

Options
I made an account here a year or so ago but uninstalled it when I gave up. I have a bad habit of emotionally eating and binging so weight loss has never ever been something I think I can do. I’m still very sceptical and don’t think I’ll be able to manage it. I would really love some supportive people around me so we can boost each other!

Replies

• WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • aaiked
    aaiked Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you can do this! just take one day at a time. you can do this!

• eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I’m an emotional eater, too. Binge something insane, 2000 calories in one sitting is nothing and it makes it hard to eat less, but I find the people here motivating!
  • stephB323
    stephB323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    looking for the same here
  • jordanaholmes314
    jordanaholmes314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi looking for the same! I added you!
  • thyers12e
    thyers12e Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me up guys
  • monkey_86
    monkey_86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m looking for the same support it’s so much easier to stay motivated and consistent with a support group. We can do this.
  • Goofyjax
    Goofyjax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40+ year binger. I've been in therapy and see a psychiatrist for about 5 years for bipolar, PTSD ( from being in a extremely abusive marriage that i count myself lucky to be alive) anxiety and a little OCD. I just started talking to my therapist about my bingeing and how bad it has gotten 4-5 times a week and even when i'm asleep because i sleep walk since my parents both died last year 4 months apart. I always just thought i had no will power over food, that i am a food addict. I've totaled up over 3000 calories in one 20 minute binge. I brought up how out if control i feel how i hate myself afterwards , etc. She has helped me discover when it started as a small child but not what triggered it, not yet but we will!! She has me doing food/mood journals and being completely honest in them. My psychiatrist has changed one of my medicines to one that helps keep me from sleep walking and has just started me on one thats been fda approved to help with binge eating.
    I explained all that to let you know i know excactly how you feel and please add me as a friend maybe we can help each other.
  • kbush2018
    kbush2018 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for the same thing. Add me!
  • dawngon1
    dawngon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • dawngon1
    dawngon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • CrafyladyLoses
    CrafyladyLoses Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on board. Just crawling back. Trying to figure out me and losing. Add me, need to be accountable to me and helpful to others.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 6 weeks into my journey, so still fairly new. Definitely looking for friends. Feel free to add me. I'm annoyingly active.
  • slimsheila
    slimsheila Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The struggle is REAL! Many times I let my emotions take over my eating. Due to emotional eating and serious binging my weight has fluctuated up and down tremendously over the years. I restarted my weight loss journey mid September and found that tracking everything accurately/honestly has helped this time. I honestly have not exercised thus far due to a foot/ankle issue but will begin walking when I get this issue resolved. Still without exercise, I’m down 16 lbs since Sept 17 (5 1/2 weeks). Just remind yourself over and over of your why! WHY are you on this journey? Mine is to get off BP meds and do the things my weight keeps me from doing or even attempting. Things like wearing a bathing suit, going hiking, doing a 5K ..... so many things!!!
  • TweetTaz
    TweetTaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've done an amazing job with your injury. I also have an injury and Dr said no exercise for a long night time.. then when I thought all was going to be good, I injured my other foot. So now I'm looking at surgery and no exercise yet again. I do hope on the stationary bike here and there. I don't have the support at home so it's difficult for me. I really need to lose weight, and a lot of it. I would love some buddies to go through the journey with.
  • megaen35
    megaen35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am back at it again. I have always been a binge/emotional eater. Feel free to add me and we can help each other through the tough times!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater as well.. feel free to add me. I would love more friend so we can motivate an support each other.
  • jenfox518
    jenfox518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined. Feel free to add me.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.