Options
    Valkyrie88 wrote: »
    Jsut wondering if anyonehas been successful
    With 40% carbs
    30% protein
    30%fat

In losing belly fat and gaining muscle.

What works best for you??

fat comes off where it wants when it wants. if you want to lose fat and gain muscle you need to look into whats called a recomp.if you want significant muscle you need a surplus of calories(which means some fat gain too) ,if you want to lose fat you need a deficit(building muscle will be harder). and you cant spot reduce fat.
  • rickdkitson
    rickdkitson Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Your body has a perfected sequence of areas where it likes to store fat. You also will lose fat in the reverse order of your gain. So if you just started to put on weight on say your butt, doing butt exercises will not only tone up the butt area making it look good but the first fat losses will be the last deposited on your butt. However simple calorie reduction would also make you lose fat on your butt even with no exercises.

That is most likely why the myth of spot fat reduction is so persistent.
  • Valkyrie88
    Valkyrie88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for everyone who replied.i am eating in recomp
    My allowed calories are 1600
    kimny72 wrote: »
    With 40% carbs
    30% protein
    30%fat

If you still have weight to lose, calories are key and you just need to keep losing weight until your body decides to lose it from your belly. Muscle will come from your workout. Macros don't directly affect either, but the right combo (which is very personal) can make you feel fuller, and you want to get enough protein for muscle synthesis.

If you're a healthy weight, a recomp is what you're looking to do.

I can't link it on my phone, but search for a thread called "So you want a nice stomach". There is also a thread on Recomp in the Most Helpful Posts thread pinned to the top of the Maintaining Weight forum.

I am a healthy weight just soft in the middle.
    i will Googlethat thank you so much
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Your body has a perfected sequence of areas where it likes to store fat. You also will lose fat in the reverse order of your gain. So if you just started to put on weight on say your butt, doing butt exercises will not only tone up the butt area making it look good but the first fat losses will be the last deposited on your butt. However simple calorie reduction would also make you lose fat on your butt even with no exercises.

That is most likely why the myth of spot fat reduction is so persistent.

toning comes from building muscle and losing the fat over the area and getting a "toned" look. you cant tone muscle.doing butt exercises also will not help with the fat coming off there. thats what a deficit is for .
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for everyone who replied.i am eating in recomp
    My allowed calories are 1600
    kimny72 wrote: »
    With 40% carbs
    30% protein
    30%fat

If you still have weight to lose, calories are key and you just need to keep losing weight until your body decides to lose it from your belly. Muscle will come from your workout. Macros don't directly affect either, but the right combo (which is very personal) can make you feel fuller, and you want to get enough protein for muscle synthesis.

If you're a healthy weight, a recomp is what you're looking to do.

I can't link it on my phone, but search for a thread called "So you want a nice stomach". There is also a thread on Recomp in the Most Helpful Posts thread pinned to the top of the Maintaining Weight forum.

I am a healthy weight just soft in the middle.
    i will Googlethat thank you so much

I dont know if you are male or female as your profile doesnt state that but for a recomp you need to eat your mainteanance calories or a very small deficit of like 250 calories(off yout TDEE ). 1600 may or may not be enough for you in a recomp to build any muscle especially if it puts you into a larger deficit. what are your stats? if you dont mind answering?
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The best macro split is the one that helps you feel most satiated so you can stick to your calorie allotment. As long as you ensure you are getting enough protein to support muscle retention and growth, set your macros to what suits your eating preferences most.

It has been suggested to me to use g/lb of lean body weight rather than % of calories for protein and fats and to let carbs fall where they may. I have found that with the way I have my %’s set up, it works out to the proper g/lb of lean body weight anyway. You may want to check yours and make an adjustment there if needed however be aware that this may affect your satiety.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    The best macro split is the one that helps you feel most satiated so you can stick to your calorie allotment. As long as you ensure you are getting enough protein to support muscle retention and growth, set your macros to what suits your eating preferences most.

It has been suggested to me to use g/lb of lean body weight rather than % of calories for protein and fats and to let carbs fall where they may. I have found that with the way I have my %’s set up, it works out to the proper g/lb of lean body weight anyway. You may want to check yours and make an adjustment there if needed however be aware that this may affect your satiety.

he or she asked if that split would help reduce belly fat and gain muscle. not satiety levels. or how to stick to a surplus or deficit. That macro split may be enough to gain muscle if eating enough calories. they are doing a recomp they said which again now knowing any stats it may or may not be enough macros/calories.
  • 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Options

^ This

Min .7g protein and .4g fat per pound.
  • Valkyrie88
    Options
    I am not new to body building....I have a lot of lean muscle .... Trying to get more and visible abs

Just struggling starting to count macros I should clarify.
    I am 28
    5 foot 6
    140 lbs
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I am not new to body building....I have a lot of lean muscle .... Trying to get more and visible abs

I am 28
    5 foot 6
    140 lbs

if you want more abs you need to build them,to see them you need to lose the fat over them. a deficit is for fat loss and if you want more muscle you need a surplus. I mean doing a recomp may get you both but trust me its a long hard road getting there. you also dont say if you are male or female.
  • Valkyrie88
    Options

I am 28
    5 foot 6
    140 lbs

if you want more abs you need to build them,to see them you need to lose the fat over them. a deficit is for fat loss and if you want more muscle you need a surplus. I mean doing a recomp may get you both but trust me its a long hard road getting there. you also dont say if you are male or female.

I am a female
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I am 28
    5 foot 6
    140 lbs

I am a female

good to know. it makes it easier to help out.